Current Time: 9:41 AM

ZK-TR90 resin and my chambers!

Discussion in 'General Woodworking Discussion' started by Jon Kennedy, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Offline
    Jon Kennedy

Jon Kennedy Member Full Member

First name:
    Jon
    For all the Guys that have bought my products, resin and chambers! I want to hear what you think and how it works!!!:yipee::yipee:
    Jon
  2. Offline
    RusDemka

RusDemka Thinks he can woodwork,,, sometimes Full Member

First name:
    dema
    I have the video, just need to crop and.clip it and upload to YouTube
  3. Offline
    camoboy91

camoboy91 Member Full Member

First name:
    Zachary
    Just ordered my second gallon, love this stuff. I would not use any thing else! As far as the chambers, I have not used one (yet) :lol:
  4. Offline
    TimR

TimR Sawdust Engineer Full Member

First name:
    Tim
    Jon,
    I've gone thru about 2/3 of a gallon, treated primarily buckeye burl plus some sweet spalted ringer birch. Couldn't be happier with results. :yipee: Thickest piece was buckeye burl block about 2x2x6, give or take. I have a friend who does segment work who will be cutting into some of the larger BEB blocks, but I expect they will be completely stabilized judging by weight difference alone. I am pretty sure specific gravity on these has gone past 1...or close to it. Will have to see if they have any float left. :wacko1:
    Only thing I've done is a couple pens, but was really pleased with results.
    I do suggest to anyone using a toaster oven or even conventional to use a thermometer to verify temp...which was about 50 deg hotter than actual.
    I'm using the dry method, but even after introducing the resin, and having pulled vacuum for half to whole hour, still get out gassing. Could be residual moisture boiling out. My stock is kiln dried, but then sitting in shop easily rise to perhaps 8-10 % MC.
    Likewise...I'll be getting more.
  5. Offline
    RusDemka

First name:
    dema
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3GBCtWdc7c&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  6. Online
    hobbit-hut

hobbit-hut Don't leave home without it. Full Member

First name:
    lowell
    Excellent video, good job, thanks for doing that. I think it will get a lot of viewing. I may need to get you autograph now before you get famous.:way2go::good:
  7. Offline
    woodtickgreg

woodtickgreg scroll, flat, spin Staff Member Forum Moderator Full Member Founding Member

First name:
    Greg
    Nice video, it's one thing to read about a process or a product, but it really is better to see something being done. Thanks for doing this video.:good::good2:
  8. Offline
    RusDemka

First name:
    dema
    Your welcome guys.
  9. Offline
    Wildthings

Wildthings Member Full Member

First name:
    Barry
    Yes I agree with them that the video review was well done - Thanks
  10. Offline
    jetcn1

jetcn1 Member Full Member

First name:
    Troy
    Hey I have just a couple of comments on your very good video. You should leave your pump running when you release the vacuum to keep your pump from locking up under vacuum. Also you should use a oven thermometer to make sure of your cure temp. I have learned these lessons from the 4 years I have been stabiliziing . Jon has some great chambers and resin. I was lucky enough to be a tester of this resin when Jon was developing it . The ZK TR90 resin is the best out there . Troy
  11. Offline
    RusDemka

First name:
    dema
    Running it while releasing the vacuume explains a lot.... Because mine did lock up a couple times and I didn't know why, thanks. And I did get a thermometer just can't see it in the video :). Thanks for the input, I'm still new at stabilizing..