#10 wood biscuits ENDED

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Cleaning out a friends work truck, are these worth trying to sell or just heat the house. The bigger biscuits are 2 & 3/8ths tip to tip and the smaller are 1 & 7/8ths. There are also a few small bags of oak plugs. Figure 2 gallons worth.

What ya think?

004.JPG

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, its been a few days with basically no response, so the biscuits are bound to heat the house.

ahandyguy

Reaction score
First name
Brian
Unfortunately shipping pretty much kills the idea of selling them online. That is unless you bundle them with a bunch of stuff, you could always use them as filler in a FRB :) A little something extra for someone, but seriously they don't have much real value now as people who use biscuits bought 10,000 or so back when Norm was big into them and they still have some of their stash left. I kept about 100 of each size back from my sale which was a few years ago now, I think that I may have used about 10 of them for their intended use since.

DLJeffs

Reaction score
First name
Doug
Seems a shame to burn those biscuits, if for no other reason than the effort it took to make them into biscuits. What about donating to an art club or maybe art classes at a local school? They could be colored and glued to make a 3 dimensional sculpture. Think feathers, leaves, flower petals, ...

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Seems a shame to burn those biscuits, if for no other reason than the effort it took to make them into biscuits. What about donating to an art club or maybe art classes at a local school? They could be colored and glued to make a 3 dimensional sculpture. Think feathers, leaves, flower petals, ...

That is a nice idea(s). Thank you.

Maverick

Reaction score
First name
John

That is a very creative idea.

And I agree with Brian. I still have quite a few and I don't use them much anymore as I haven't been doing much flat work lately.

Last edited:

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Ralph,

There is some room in the box. Do you make letter openers. I have some curly ash and curly maple I have sitting around awaiting to become openers. Have some other stuff I could put it there. What about some Sapele egg / stopper blanks? Let me know so I can make sure it is a full box.

Several hand full of biscuits have already fed the stove on cold mornings. Rather see you put them to better use.

gimpy

Reaction score
First name
terry
Where in notheaster are you located

phinds

Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Where in notheaster are you located
He's in <adjective> Sterling, PA. I can't remember if the adjective is North, South, East, or West, but I do remember that if you find Sterling, PA there's only one <adjective> Sterling near it. Damned adjectives. @Mr. Peet you should be more specific in your signature !

gimpy

Reaction score
First name
terry
Two hour drive from Danville, pa

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Update, I sent the biscuits to Ralph on December 2nd in a Regional A box, being they were going 1 state away, 3-5 day shipping. Ralph got them on December 28th, 26 days later after visiting more than a dozen other states. Ralph is sending a check to cover shipping and a bit more. Some of the items sent will not work for him. I'll let you know when the check arrives. Thank you.

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
@Ralph Muhs

So Ralph sent me a check, dated January 1st, postmarked January 2nd. It arrived today, February 26th, 55 days to go 250 miles....WOW!!!!

Thanks Ralph

Case Closed