**ENDED**20×20×6 Black Locust Burl Cap

Wood_Coin

Reaction score
First name
Rhys
Hey guys, I have a good looking chunk of burl here with a ton of possibilities! Part of my selling this is due to not being able to decide what to use it for. I had kicked around the idea of taking a slab off the top to make a small live edge coffee or end table and the rest for a bowl but I cant make up my mind so I am passing it along. This obviously wont fit any of the flat rate boxes but I am willing to send detailed photos and work with you to cut it to what you want. So it can be fit in a flat rate box or boxes. Or send it full size another way. This peice really has some amazing figure to it. I splashed so.e water on it to help you see the amazing grain. The cut side was roughly made even with a planer.
I am willing to make bundle deals on all my items and will I g yo bundle for cheaper shipping to. All the packages I send out leave with plenty of free extra chunks to fill the rest of the box as a thank you from me to you.
For this slice of burl I would like to see $110+s&h
Thank you for looking,
Woodcoin

20180926_200253.jpg

20180926_200146.jpg

20180926_200330.jpg

20180926_200033.jpg

bhatleberg

Reaction score
First name
Brian
I will buy this. Pm me your PayPal, and we can work out details.

I can't use the amount of myrtle in your other post, but would buy a 9 x 1 x 1" ish spindle if you have one.

bhatleberg

Reaction score
First name
Brian
Dud transaction here. Paid 9/27. She reached out to me 10/5 to say that she would try to mail it soon. No response or tracker ID since. Filed a dispute with paypal to get the money back this evening. Disappointing.

Last edited:

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Dud transaction here. Paid 9/27. She reached out to me 10/5 to say that she would try to mail it soon. No response or tracker ID since. Filed a dispute with paypal to get the money back this evening. Disappointing.
That was last day she was here.

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
I'll look into this in the morning....

bhatleberg

Reaction score
First name
Brian
thanks, all. It would be nice to connect the dots and resolve amicably. Not a crisis, however - it will get resolved through PayPal if she can't be reached.

My guess from other posts and comments is that a personal situation tangled things up on her end. It's just time from my perspective to either refund or ship. And still holding out hope that she shipped slowly and disappeared before sending tracker...

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
thanks, all. It would be nice to connect the dots and resolve amicably. Not a crisis, however - it will get resolved through PayPal if she can't be reached.

My guess from other posts and comments is that a personal situation tangled things up on her end. It's just time from my perspective to either refund or ship. And still holding out hope that she shipped slowly and disappeared before sending tracker...

fed ex - that is unless ya screw up- :blush: gets across country in 4 -5 days...

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony

Or maybe it's riding around in the trunk of the car like some people have done whose names I won't mention

@Tclem
@Bean_counter
:sofa::sarcastic:

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Or maybe it's riding around in the trunk of the car like some people have done whose names I won't mention

@Tclem
@Bean_counter
:sofa::sarcastic:
I Made the MA in Brian's address Maine and the PO changed zip and address. I can Attest to His patience - he was willing to wait. I sent new box to him- Right state. it took about 5-6 attempts to deliver at non-existent address and a month but I got box back. It was very well traveled African Blackwood.....

Wood_Coin

Reaction score
First name
Rhys
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey everyone, I have contacted Brian already. I had a whole slough of things happening one after another. I ended up shipping the package later than I would have liked to and for that I covered over a quarter of the $109.×× shipping cost as well as added a price of wyrtle no cost which just added more weight for me to pay to ship. Still being Extremely busy I dropped the ball in doing a follow up with Brian To keep him updated both letting him know thatyem?

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Rhys, glad you're okay, hope things slow down some for you! Tony

Wood_Coin

Reaction score
First name
Rhys
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
that yes? letting him know that I shipped his package and getting him the tracking number on that package. I also have been having issues with this sight. It seems to boot me after about 4 minutes on the site when I am able to get on. I have had times where I wasn't able to log in as well as one time I was able to log in but my profile appeared completely blank. Even though I am young I don't really know my way around technology and get defeated easier than I should. Nonetheless things are back up and rolling smooth. Thanks to everyone who showed concern, it's to bad I had to have this foul up to realise the strength of the woodworking community but you ar all great people.