2021 Winter Pen Blank Swap

Wildthings

ASTROS '23 ALCS CHAMPIONS runnerup
Reaction score
First name
Barry
So a question for the box swap Mod...Do we need to make a pen or other item with the blank we score? If so we could then follow this up with a pen swap made from the box wood :ponder:
That sounds like a great idea! Well except for me. I'm in this so I can change my hoard inventory up a little

Eric Rorabaugh

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Eric
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You don't have to but that would be a good thing to use in the next pen swap if someone wants to do it

Mike Hill

Board Whoarder
Reaction score
First name
Mike
WooooHoooooo! Guess what I got just now? Too many goodies!!!!!

Alright boys and girls here they are - and the USPS only took 2 days. They must have been rushing and rough-housed them though - one came in broken.

Now, I've got to ponder - what do I want and what do I want to keep from Barb? She has procured some pieces of wood, I sure woulda liked to have had!!!! I'll be nice though - I cut up some dowel I got from Michaels last night - she doesn't even need to round the corners off a square blank.

Advice needed. --- Do I need to soak them in Prestone or everclear or something so they don't freeze? Or do I just send them commando! After all, I mean, they are going up to the white wonderland next!

Note to SELF: Don't forget you have the box, or you won't live it down!!!!!!

1613075915771.png

Last edited:

Barb

Reaction score
First name
Barbara
Lol I see a few that I’d like to snag but seeing as how we have similar tastes in wood, it’ll be interesting to see if any of them remain by the time it gets to me. I think you’re safe as far as sending the wood commando. I’ll have to have a drink to ponder that a bit though. My postman may even appreciate such a small box being mailed to me for a change. :)

Eric Rorabaugh

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Eric
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
A couple I put in that I was hoping might make it back are GONE!

kazuma78

Reaction score
First name
Josh
Glad they made it fast! Which one broke? I had a hard time putting in the beefwood and curly koa. The beefwood I only have 4 pieces of and one of the pens I made from it was awesome. Almost like silky oak/lacewood that's red with cherry gum lines.

The ringed Gidgee is cool too. Insanely hard, it cuts like butter.

I also relabled the one labeled black palm, which is Wenge and the other labeled cherry burl that I'm 99% sure is oak burl.

Last edited:

trc65

Reaction score
First name
Tim
I've been watching two or three I'd really like that are still in the box, but not counting on anything, many, many miles to go before it gets close to me.

Mike Hill

Board Whoarder
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Danged to all get out!!! I cut the 2x4's too long. Gotta take em back home and cut them a wee bit leetle shorter to fit in the box!

Last edited:

Lou Currier

Reaction score
First name
Lou
Well I guess the USPS found a driver that isn't afraid to break some speed limits and the box moved to it's next destination pretty quickly :mail:...now all we need is for @Mike Hill to get it back to them and it will be off to a destination, one that I don't think the box has been before (I think)....

Some of Alaska’s bizarre moose-specific legislation has included laws against pushing a moose from a plane, viewing a moose from a plane, and giving a moose beer.... so, if you give a moose a beer and push said moose from a plane, it would also be a bad thing to watch him free fall :ponder:

2021 blank swap map5.png
**Disclaimer (for @Don Ratcliff ) Alaska really doesn't sit on the same latitude line as Hawaii in real life. :sofa:

Gdurfey

Reaction score
First name
Garry
Well I guess the USPS found a driver that isn't afraid to break some speed limits and the box moved to it's next destination pretty quickly :mail:...now all we need is for @Mike Hill to get it back to them and it will be off to a destination, one that I don't think the box has been before (I think)....

Some of Alaska’s bizarre moose-specific legislation has included laws against pushing a moose from a plane, viewing a moose from a plane, and giving a moose beer.... so, if you give a moose a beer and push said moose from a plane, it would also be a bad thing to watch him free fall :ponder:

View attachment 202941
**Disclaimer (for @Don Ratcliff ) Alaska really doesn't sit on the same latitude line as Hawaii in real life. :sofa:
For some reason the moose from a plane reminds me of a thanksgiving where turkeys were thrown from a helicopter in Cincinnati........