2021 Winter Pen Blank Swap

Mike Hill

Board Whoarder
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Were those bell bottom jeans :ponder:;
Duhhhh ---- bell bottoms and cowboy boots don't go so well together. Well, there was a time in high school that I grew my sideburns long and did don some bell bottoms even some that mom made by splitting the seam of regular jeans and sewing in other fabric. Quite the fashion statement little mikey was, especially with a disco shirt. Little mikey was sure that them darn female types dug that look - you know --- groovy man!. I guess it wasn't the look, they were NOT noticing but the occupant. I had the curls too! Sense of desperation!

Last edited:

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Duhhhh ---- bell bottoms and cowboy boots don't go so well together. Well, there was a time in high school that I grew my sideburns long and did don some bell bottoms even some that mom made by splitting the seam of regular jeans and sewing in other fabric. Quite the fashion statement little mikey was, especially with a disco shirt. Little mikey was sure that them darn female types dug that look - you know --- groovy man!. I guess it wasn't the look, they were NOT noticing but the occupant. I had the curls too! Sense of desperation!
We all did what we could to be cool back in the day. All my friends had choppers but we was Po Folk so I couldn't get one. Got another bike from the junkyard, cut the forks off and jammed them onto mine!!

Lou Currier

Reaction score
First name
Lou
We all did what we could to be cool back in the day. All my friends had choppers but we was Po Folk so I couldn't get one. Got another bike from the junkyard, cut the forks off and jammed them onto mine!!
The cool kids may have had the choppers but us resourceful kids had the cool modified choppers :cool:

Eric Rorabaugh

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Eric
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ain't crying and ain't no damn yankee! The only crying I've heard lately was from you when it got a little cold down there.

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

I told you, if it snows more than once a year where you're at, you're a Yankee.

Eric Rorabaugh

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Eric
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh you better hope it don't even come one flurry down there and I hear about it!!

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Quit your crying, dam Yankee!!
How do I put it nicely...can't. Many still use the Mason Dixon line as the divide of North and South, and Yankee was a term for northerners, especially those toward the Atlantic coast and toward and including the New England area. Then, by the 1880's and 90' a New York dirt alley team started using the term for their team name. Over the next 50 years the term Yankee in the south remained mostly the same, but in the north, the area that claimed such shrunk. By the 1990's the new northern generation reserved the term Yankee for New Yorkers... and then there is the division between those that claim to be upstate and those down state. A whole 'nother' big mess that gets political. As so, there it should end...