2021 Winter Pen Blank Swap

Mike Hill

Board Whoarder
Reaction score
First name
Mike
We haven't gotten any mail since Saturday.
Yeah I talked to my parents and one of my sister's today. How you liking those rolling blackouts, snow covered solar arrays and frozen windmills? Sis said about 1:00 they had had 28 power shut offs.

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Yeah I talked to my parents and one of my sister's today. How you liking those rolling blackouts, snow covered solar arrays and frozen windmills? Sis said about 1:00 they had had 28 power shut offs.
We've had no water since Sunday, about 2 hours of electricity a day, no home internet and very bad phone internet. I've burned through a ton of wood that I really didn't want to, but I didn't care for the 40 degree temps inside my house!

Bean_counter

Reaction score
First name
Michael
@Barb my wife and her mom are going to Alaska next month. Got any must do’s? They are going to anchorage to see the northern lights. She tried to get me to go but hell no after this past week we spent in Texaska. I would love to go in the summer though where the skeeters are as big as the Bush planes

Last edited:

Eric Rorabaugh

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Eric
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Tell Bri to swing by and pick us up. We'll go with her to see em!

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Hired a friend to cinder a road for me. He mailed the invoice Feb. 8th, it arrived today. Took 10 days to go 36 houses, was processed in town so never went to a mailing hub. Takes me just over 2 hours to walk to his house and back.

Lou Currier

Reaction score
First name
Lou
Hired a friend to cinder a road for me. He mailed the invoice Feb. 8th, it arrived today. Took 10 days to go 36 houses, was processed in town so never went to a mailing hub. Takes me just over 2 hours to walk to his house and back.
2 hours to walk 36 houses and back:headscratch2:...that's quite the spread or a very slow walker :ponder:

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
2 hours to walk 36 houses and back:headscratch2:...that's quite the spread or a very slow walker :ponder:
Well, here we'd say over crowded. Bob's house is 2.75 miles away, so about 5.5 miles with maybe 400 feet of elevation change. I am a slow walker but can move along if purpose imposes. There is also a dozen or more businesses within the span that were not counted and several open spaces with farm fields ponds and woods in the mix. So that should paint a little better picture.

Barb

Reaction score
First name
Barbara
For some reason I wasn't getting notified about new posts in here. Anyway, like Mike said, early yesterday the tracking number wasn't working when I tried it but last night I tried again and it said it was delivered yesterday afternoon. Funny thing is, there was no package in the mailbox. So I'm going to stake out the mailbox today and ask the mailman when he gets here what happened to it.

Barb

Reaction score
First name
Barbara
@Barb my wife and her mom are going to Alaska next month. Got any must do’s? They are going to anchorage to see the northern lights. She tried to get me to go but hell no after this past week we spent in Texaska. I would love to go in the summer though where the skeeters are as big as the Bush planes
If they want to see the Northern Lights I suggest going up to Fairbanks instead of Anchorage but a month from now they may be all gone. As far as what to do, I love fishing but only when all the snow is gone and that won't be until April/May. There are lots of touristy things to do but most of it doesn't start until May. The only fun thing I can think of going on next month is Fur Rondy. Hope that helps. :)

Bean_counter

Reaction score
First name
Michael
If they want to see the Northern Lights I suggest going up to Fairbanks instead of Anchorage but a month from now they may be all gone. As far as what to do, I love fishing but only when all the snow is gone and that won't be until April/May. There are lots of touristy things to do but most of it doesn't start until May. The only fun thing I can think of going on next month is Fur Rondy. Hope that helps. :)
Thanks Barb they are basically base camping it in anchorage and will be flying to Fairbanks and then taking a train back to see the northern lights. I’ll pass the fur rondy to her

Barb

Reaction score
First name
Barbara
Woot! Woot! They finally arrived! I have the best postman. I left a note instead of constantly looking out for him and he came through. And even with as busy as they are, he took the time to write back. :)

Hmmm...now to choose

20210223_190917.jpg 20210223_190334.jpg 20210223_190124.jpg

Barb

Reaction score
First name
Barbara
All picked through with the best wood hoarding abilities I have! I even brought in backup just in case I was overlooking something important I didn't know I needed. Anyway, it's repacked and ready to ship out first thing in the morning. :yipee:

Lou Currier

Reaction score
First name
Lou
Well by the miracle of the USPS, the box landed at it's intended location in the great white north. The next stop will be Lacrosse Wisconsin. Did you know that at one time, La Crosse broke a Guinness Book record with the most bars/nightclubs located on one street! You can’t miss Third Street in Historic Downtown La Crosse claiming dance bars, country bars, retro martini bars, sports bars and more! In addition, La Crosse/Onalaska was ranked No. 6 of the 20 Drunkest Cities in America by CBS News…oops! Interesting :ponder: :drinks3:

2021 blank swap map6.png