4" ductwork connectors

SENC

Reaction score
First name
Henry
Since building my DC hose switcher, I no longer need these bits - 1 y, 2 blast gates, 4 hose connectors, 6 quick clamps. Checking the Oneida website, these would retail for about $450 (crazy, I know) - but they are just collecting dust (in the wrong way) and in the way, so I'm offering them up for trade for wood - bowl blanks or other decent sized chunks of interesting wood for turning. I'm not looking for a retail-equivalent value in wood - would just like these out of the way and in someone's shop who can use them - so make a trade offer according to value to you.

IMG_20221107_093055.jpg

SENC

Reaction score
First name
Henry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I should have mentioned - these are for 4" duct hose.

SENC

Reaction score
First name
Henry
Durnit! Feeling more like @Mike1950 every day!

2feathers Creative Making

Reaction score
First name
Frank
What depth and width bowl blanks fit your fancy? You looking for heavy figure, exotic wood, or burl specifically? Or what about a look at, say, your last 4 or 5 bowls to get a feel for your style and wood preferences...

Karl_TN

Reaction score
First name
Karl
@SENC, Curious what your dust hose switcher looks like?

I’ve got some really nice pin striped curly silver maple boards and turning blocks, and large cylinders of cherry & curly maple for hollow forms. The weight will amount to a lot of shipping fees. Wish you were closer so the shipping costs could be saved. What size are you most interested in turning?

SENC

Reaction score
First name
Henry
@SENC, Curious what your dust hose switcher looks like?

I’ve got some really nice pin striped curly silver maple boards and turning blocks, and large cylinders of cherry & curly maple for hollow forms. The weight will amount to a lot of shipping fees. Wish you were closer so the shipping costs could be saved. What size are you most interested in turning?
Here is a picture of the switcher. To give full credit, it is based on Katz-Moses' design, available online. It works well for my needs.
IMG_20221109_090600.jpg

I'm just beginning to expand beyond spindle work, currently exploring bowls and shaoes like the oil candles I posted a few weeks ago. Would love to try a hollow form at some point, but that is probably in the future a good bit. I don't need anymore call-size blanks - but open to anything bigger. I definitely understand shipping costs will eat into what I'll get offered, and am ok with that.