ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Not a day goes by that I don't think of you my friend.

HD-wallpaper-red-rose-beautiful-red-rose-flowers.jpg

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wood Barter is an important place for me and I'm sure many others. It has become a part of my life and also part of so many other peoples lives and it's just an amazing and unique community. I remember when he asked me if I wanted to be a moderator here and we had a long conversation back n forth over what he wanted from me. The majority of it was the usual comedic banter. But, I felt honored that he chose me.
I would thank him often for letting me be a part of Woodbarter, but he would always say that it is him who should be thanking me.
I have learned quite a lot from him and I am thankful for it. I also have made a ton of mistakes and he would always talk to me about them. He never got mad at me for em, but he would always rationalize with me. (I know for sure he got upset over at least two of my goofs, and those haunt me still, but I'll never do it again)
I'm going to miss that about him. I miss his comedy, his truthfulness, his wit, his grumpyness, but most of all, I will miss him being my friend

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
I'm with you Marc. I was honored when he let me in, then was lucky enough to talk with him a bunch and spend some time together. I miss him every day, it's not the same without him for sure.

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Kind of similar thoughts for me. Only he didn't ask me to be a moderator, all of the sudden I was one, lol. We had many very good conversations over the phone. I always laughed when he said you talk funny. And he said that with his southern drawl, lol. I so admired the man for his intelligence, he was someone that I looked up to and there's been very few of those in my life. I can't think of a one now so that means a lot that I thought that of him. I do miss him and I too think of him everyday when I am on woodbarter. When I go back through old threads and read his comments it makes me smile and sad at the same time. I miss my friend. He was there for me when I went through my divorce and didn't even know where I was going to live. And that meant a lot at the time. He has left a big hole on this earth, no one can fill that hole but him.

Nature Man

Reaction score
First name
Chuck
Kevin left a legacy the likes of which few people do. His influence went far beyond the creation of WB. This platform endures because Kevin devoted his all-consuming energies to make it a refuge for woodworkers. I so wish I had had the opportunity to meet him. He was a giant among men! Chuck

Gdurfey

Reaction score
First name
Garry
@SENC , Henry, when I saw that particular knife that was the first thing I thought of. I guess anytime I see "flames" I think of him. Did not have the opportunity to actually deal with Kevin. I was trying to when it all happened and wondered why I didn't get a response from an email. Thank you all for sharing him with us newer folks. I feel as though I have gotten to know him a little over the years because of you. True folks don't desire a legacy; it happens. Kevin has one. Imagine the forest he is sitting in every day........

Wildthings

ASTROS '23 ALCS CHAMPIONS runnerup
Reaction score
First name
Barry
I can't say if any better than you guys y'all have already done. I'm glad I was able to make a knife sheath for him free of charge. And he kept sending me boxes of that crappy FBE

NCWoodArt

I always get told I have nice wood.
Reaction score
First name
Bill
I had several dealings with Kevin and was shocked when I heard the news. I still have a box full of some of his FBE somewhere in my shop. Haven't been able to put my hands on it when I moved from NC to VA back in 2018. can't believe its been 6 years already