A few pieces of my work

SeanPEvans

Reaction score
First name
Sean
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Outstanding work! Very creative..... I take it you've been on hiatus from wood turning for a spell?
Thank you! And yeah, I just got a lathe after not having turned since 2003. I’m beyond excited to be getting back into it and have so many new ideas of things to make!

Last edited:

Mike Hill

Board Whoarder
Reaction score
First name
Mike
So well executed. Exemplary! Everything is so creative. How did the squat get to be a signature piece? BTW, what lathe did you get? Inquiring minds like to know!

SeanPEvans

Reaction score
First name
Sean
So well executed. Exemplary! Everything is so creative. How did the squat get to be a signature piece? BTW, what lathe did you get? Inquiring minds like to know!
Thank you! I call the standing figures Pan, based of the Greek Demi-god, Pan...I think I got the idea after seeing Steven Hogbin’s work; it’s completly diffeeent but sparked the idea.

And I just took delivery on a Robust American Beauty yesterday.

BC6E92ED-C453-435A-8672-8E375AF0E8E6.jpeg

DKMD

Sawbones
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
David
Fantastic work! I love the whimsy and movement in those turned and carved pieces! Looking forward to seeing what comes off that beautiful new lathe, too!

SeanPEvans

Reaction score
First name
Sean
Fantastic work! I love the whimsy and movement in those turned and carved pieces! Looking forward to seeing what comes off that beautiful new lathe, too!
Thank you! Those Pan figures were a lot of fun to make and I think it’s s form I’ll revisit.

Last edited:

duncsuss

Trying to turn a little better each day
Reaction score
First name
Duncan
Wow. (I'm talking about your work, not the lathe ... though that's also kind of wow :cool:)

Which end of New Hampshire are you located? I'm fairly close to the south-eastern corner - about 30 minutes from Nashua, perhaps 40 minutes from Derry.

SeanPEvans

Reaction score
First name
Sean
Wow. (I'm talking about your work, not the lathe ... though that's also kind of wow :cool:)

Which end of New Hampshire are you located? I'm fairly close to the south-eastern corner - about 30 minutes from Nashua, perhaps 40 minutes from Derry.
Thank you, I appreciate that.

I’m on the coast, you’re probably not far from me at all.

Graybeard

Reaction score
First name
David
Very creative, way beyond my pay grade to execute, even if I could think of forms like that. Thanks for sharing, it's inspirational.

David Hill

I collect & use Texas woods---but prefer Mesquite.
Reaction score
Cuero, Texas--Not far from the Third Coast
First name
David
I have an AB also, but I haven't had the "inspiration" to make pieces like those---yet. Enjoy your lathe--not anything else that compares.
Great turnings!
I might actually unbox my off center stuff now---got a Sorby to try out from a purchase a while back.

Last edited:

Diver Temple

Reaction score
First name
Mo
“Pan,” lidded box out of curly maple and chittum burl; 6” tall. I based the design loosely off of the Russian nesting dolls. This piece was part of the AAW’s exhibit titled, Put a Lid on It.
Awesome work! I completely missed the seam until I got to the second picture, nice!

Last edited by a moderator:

TimR

Sawdust Engineer
Reaction score
First name
Tim
Wow Sean, that's some inspiring work! Those little multi-axis figures are pretty whimsical, very unique. I really like the maple burl hollow form with the starburst effect, that's just cool. Oh, and yea..drool drool over the AB. :good2: