A Joke a Day Keeps The Boredom Away . . .

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
A New Yorker was travelling in Louisiana around Christmas time. In a small town square he admired a nativity scene but was puzzled by one thing: the three wise men were wearing firemen’s helmets. Unable to work out why, he decided to ask the old woman who worked at the store.

“Excuse me, ma’am,” he said. “I’m not from these parts, and I don’t understand why
the three wise men are wearing firemen’s helmets.”

She snarled: “You damn Yankees, you never read your Bibles!”

“I do,” he protested, “but I don’t recall anything in the Bible about firemen.”

She grabbed a Bible from beneath the counter and frantically leafed through the pages. Then waving the book under his nose, she barked triumphantly: “See, it says right here: ‘The three wise men came from afar . . .’”

@Tclem

:hide:

Tclem

Can't buy love. Buy wood instead
Reaction score
First name
Tony
A New Yorker was travelling in Louisiana around Christmas time. In a small town square he admired a nativity scene but was puzzled by one thing: the three wise men were wearing firemen’s helmets. Unable to work out why, he decided to ask the old woman who worked at the store.

“Excuse me, ma’am,” he said. “I’m not from these parts, and I don’t understand why
the three wise men are wearing firemen’s helmets.”

She snarled: “You damn Yankees, you never read your Bibles!”

“I do,” he protested, “but I don’t recall anything in the Bible about firemen.”

She grabbed a Bible from beneath the counter and frantically leafed through the pages. Then waving the book under his nose, she barked triumphantly: “See, it says right here: ‘The three wise men came from afar . . .’”

@Tclem

:hide:
When I go visit my family down there, it takes me 15 minutes to pick back up the strong accent

Johnturner

Proud Member
Reaction score
First name
John
safe_image.php