A little Ripple with a little Curl

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
The other day my brother called and asked to stop over at the shop. He said he made something for me....So I asked the wife to tag along for the 5 minute ride. A friend had passed away 22 years ago. His only child asked if I could store all of Bob's woodworking equipment and some hand tools at my house for a while, until the family knew what to do with it. I was then asked to empty out the lumber racks and accept the wood as payment. Gladly done. Bob junior said to use the equipment so that it stays in working order until his boys and him decide what to do.

One of the prize pieces of wood was a 6' long, 2.5" thick by roughly 20" wide natural edge board of highly figured maple. This board was cut in the 1950's or 60's. We had a dead ash fall on my lumber storage and had to move stuff around. I presented the board to my brother and said do something. Well, a year later he called, he did.

1707737550531.png 1707737584707.png

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Birthday is on the 14th, so it was an early surprize and a welcomed one.

trc65

Reaction score
First name
Tim
Nothing wrong with extending your Birthday and celebrating a little bit for several days.

Hope your actual birthday is filled with joy!

phinds

Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Hey, happy birthday, Mark. Great looking piece of wood and you look pretty good yourself. Nice of Herbie to do that for you.