A simple bowl

Gardnaaa

Reaction score
First name
Zack
Hey guys, it’s been awhile! I ended up catching covid from working through the beginning of the pandemic, but I ended up fine. But I stopped woodworking for a bit to try to catch back up on life. So this was my first project since I got back. I started making a rattle for my newborn with wood I got from Eric, and it exploded. So I found this blank in the pile and figured I’d see what I could do with it. I’m not overly thrilled, but anytime woodworking is a good time! Not really sure what wood it is. Just has a boiled linseed oil finish. Still trying to play with finishes to see what I like.

59BA14CC-A215-4E73-ADE0-8777EE233C76.jpeg

BFECDA40-5B46-4570-A109-7DC495EF17C6.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Gardnaaa

Reaction score
First name
Zack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Which wood was it you got from me? If I have any more, I can send you some.
Some spalted maple and a small chunk of walnut. I think it was user error. I don’t think the cuts I made on the bandsaw were clean enough for my glue up. Once I got down to the point it was almost round, next thing you know there was corn kernels and wood going everywhere lol.

Eric Rorabaugh

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Eric
I can send you more walnut for shipping if you want. I've got it. I may have some spalted maple too but I'd have to look. Can't remember

Gardnaaa

Reaction score
First name
Zack
@Gardnaaa just glad you are okay and back with us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Scary stuff.
Agreed. I’m only 27 so I figured I’d get through it and I’m pretty healthy. Worst that happened to me was lost of smell and taste and the whole right aide of my face was pins and needles for about a week. I stayed in my room for 16 days, while my wife, 2.5 year old and my 4week old baby slept in the living room. My 2 year old would constantly bang on the door and yell dada out! Dada out! It was heart breaking. Stay healthy everyone.

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Zack, I'm glad you pulled through that fiasco. I cant imagine living in a room for 2 weeks straight. Let alone having a son so close, yet so far away.

Good looking bowl man. Keep up the good work.

Gardnaaa

Reaction score
First name
Zack
Zack, I'm glad you pulled through that fiasco. I cant imagine living in a room for 2 weeks straight. Let alone having a son so close, yet so far away.

Good looking bowl man. Keep up the good work.
I’ve never been to jail, but I wouldn’t make it! It was very hard, but I’m happy it’s over. I came out the day before Easter, so it was a good time to spend with my wife and kids.

DKMD

Sawbones
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
David
Glad you’re back at the lathe and out of quarantine!