A Whippersnapper

Graybeard

Reaction score
First name
David
When I came out the back door today this is what I found laying against the house.
fawn 1.jpg

It stayed there as I mowed. Later I saw it come out of our shed and crawl into flowers along side of that.

fawn 2.jpg

Mamma must have come along and lead it off because it was gone when I finished mowing and put the tractor in the shed. Great Day.

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
That's awesome! I never tire of seeing them.

Graybeard

Reaction score
First name
David
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Early this morning I saw it with it's mama. Later in the day when I drove by a brush pile it jumped up and took off across the field. Getting independent. Swear it grew an inch. Wonder how it got hurt just above it's hoof? Helps ID her anyway.

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
We have a doe nursing 3 fawns and a bear with 4 cubs. They visit the same trees so only a matter of time before they meet, or meat..?..

DLJeffs

Reaction score
First name
Doug
We have plenty deer around here. For most of us they're a love / hate relationship. We love seeing them but we hate that they destroy most of our landscaping. Even "deer resistant plants" get ruined. The fawns don't know any better and sample everything. Came across this newborn a few weeks ago, still wobbly on its legs.

baby fawn 2020.jpg

baby fawn walking 2020.jpg