About Kevin

robert flynt

Reaction score
First name
Robert
Terry, I have a great deal of respect for Kevin and will miss him dearly. He had a way of making you feel good about your self and had a great ability to laugh a him self when he had a mishap working at his various trades.

Molokai

Knife Maker
Reaction score
First name
Tomislav
I am still shocked! Kevin was a dear friend and I respected him, very much.
My prayers and thoughts to his family.

Nature Man

Reaction score
First name
Chuck
Truly a great loss! Wish I had met this hero in the woodworking world! My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. Chuck

steve bellinger

Reaction score
First name
Steve
Don't know what to say, as i've never been one to put in words my feelings. Would just like you to know me and my wife will be praying for you and your family. Yes time does heal ! Hard to believe that at this point, but it will.
I'm still whating for kevin to pop up and say got ya all.:sorry::sorry::sorry:

MKTacop

Reaction score
First name
Buddy
Oh wow.....what a shock. I never got the opportunity to meet Kevin face to face, but we had planned to make it happen one day since we lived fairly close to one another. My thoughts and prayers for his family in this time. He will be sorely missed.

bluedot

Reaction score
First name
Dan
My heart is heavy knowing that he will be missed. Prayers to his family and to all the friends he made through this site. Woodworking will be not be as much fun for now. RIP Kevin

Tom Smart

Reaction score
First name
Tom
When I saw this shortly after it was posted last night I was just unable to leave a coherent message. Still not sure I am capable. I know Kevin had lots of help from the many great moderators here, but if this little corner of the internet had a heart and soul, it was Kevin. He collected, herded and carefully guarded this community. I am certain it took a large portion of his day to manage things we will never know he managed. At one time Kevin's avatar was Professor Marvel, aka the Wizard of Oz. How fitting in many ways.

Two days ago, at the end of the auction I had a short electronic conversation with Kevin. I asked how his leg was doing and he replied it was great, he didn't even think about it any longer. I told him he was one lucky dude and his reply was "In many ways. I guess I have enough Celtic blood in my veins to matter. :smile:". We here have all been lucky to have known Kevin. I will truly miss a man I never met personally but feel he was a very good friend.

CWS

Reaction score
First name
Curt
My thoughts and prayer are with his family. I never met him but I will really miss him. I looked forward to visiting with him everyday.

barry richardson

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Barry
Very sad and unexpected event, We've lost our leader.... He liked nothing better than making new friends and learning new things,....... a tragedy....

mdlbldrmatt135

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Matt
OMG, somehow I missed this yesterday. I'd never met the guy in person, but had talked on the phone with him quite a few times. Guess that FBE i have stahed away from him will get some sort on an extra special project.

Terry, we all feel your loss, and know you both are in our thoughts and prayers!!

Last edited:

Blueglass

Reaction score
First name
Les
This caught me very off guard. I wish the best for his family and like I said in another post I hope the good memories far outweigh the sorrow. I will miss the ole grump. I'll miss his honesty most of all.

Mrfish55

Reaction score
First name
Dave
Devastating, at a complete loss for words. Deepest condolences to the family.

norman vandyke

Russian olive burl guy
Reaction score
First name
Norm
I'm just completely shocked at this sad news. Kevin was a good and decent person who was always there to give you advice and did what he could to make sure the other guy got the better end of a deal. He's helped me out more than once with advice for my projects. He's missed and always will be.

justallan

Reaction score
First name
allan
WOW! I'm totally shocked by this news.
My thoughts go out to Terry and her entire family.

dycmark

Reaction score
First name
Mark
This site and the great family that it built with Kevin at the helm has made me feel very welcome. I never had the privilege of meeting Kevin in person but I did meet others in the group and travel very far to do so. That was a result of the great bonds many have formed here throughout the country and the world.

What a great family this site has created. I have not been to the site for almost 12 months because of family and work things keeping me away. SOMEHOW this morning, when I sat down at my computer, I felt a tug to log in and catch up.

Obviously, it was that family bond and the profound and sad news that tugged at me to "come home" today.

Terry, You and your family have my deepest condolences and you will be in my thoughts and prayers for quite some time. As I am sure is the case with everyone here. If there is ANYTHING you need, Please don't hesitate to ask. It would not be seen as an imposition or inconvenience to anyone here but a TRUE HONOR to let us help in any way we can.

Rest in Peace Brother.

Lou Currier

Reaction score
First name
Lou
I have never been so lost for words! Although I have never met Kevin his constant banter and dedication to the WB family here will be sadly missed.

Ray D

Reaction score
First name
Ray
Wow. I am shocked and saddened by the news. Prayers sent to his family. He will surely be missed by many.
Ray