Dismiss Notice
Woodbarter has upgraded to HTTPS. Please see click here for all the details.

About Kevin

Discussion in 'Best Wishes' started by Mike1950, Nov 17, 2016.

1. woodtickgreg

woodtickgreg scroll, flat, spin Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator Founding Member Full Member

First name:
    Greg
    The company of others is a big plus! Everyone remember that Kevin started this place but it's the members that make it what it is. I look forward to interacting with all of you on a daily basis. life sucks sometimes but a tragedy should not prevent the community from carrying on.
    As I have said, he would want us to continue.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. davduckman2010

davduckman2010 were ever you go-- there you are Full Member

First name:
    david
    yea I know life goes on but its still not fair it hurts and I guess it was gods will . -- but still very sad times . I'm tired of loseing friends and loved ones. it will wears on you but I'm still here if my feet hit the ground every morning I'm happy I guess because you never know whats comeing next. such is life . he was my age and now I worry too not for me but for my family. god bless his soul--duck

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. woodtickgreg

woodtickgreg scroll, flat, spin Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator Founding Member Full Member

First name:
    Greg
    And now you know why I harp on you when I call you and we talk. I would be so bummed to loose the old duckman. Dying is part of living, yup that part sucks. I have lost a lot of friends, Kevin and I where the same age too. But as long as I am here on this earth I am going to take care of myself the best that I can and I am going to live life to the fullest like it may be my last day. Yes I dearly miss my friend. But he also kinda opened my eyes. I have been more productive than ever once I got over the heartache. I seriously believe he watches over us, he would be proud of my accomplisments. My friends, do not wallow in despair and heartache, get busy with your life! Remember him and then he is never really gone. Now when I do things I kinda say watch this to him, and I get on with it. Now I don't have to post pics for him to see, he can, now I post em for you all and conversation.
    Smile when you think of him......he is watching........I'll see him one day........but not today.

• Great Post Great Post x 1
    • Sincere Sincere x 1
  4. ripjack13

ripjack13 ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator Full Member

First name:
    Marc
    :goodpost:

• Sincere Sincere x 1
  5. larry C

larry C Member Full Member

First name:
    Larry
    As a retired EOD tech, I've seen a lot of good friends die, way too young......the old saying, "Only the good die young" suddenly starts to come into focus.
    Now at 77 years old, I've learned to really appreciate all of my friends, especially my "new" friend for the past year or so on WB. Thank y'all for being there, the conversation, the pages of knowledge on this web site is wonderful.....
    Believe me when I say this, all of us old geezers really enjoy sharing our knowledge with y'all, and appreciate y'all sharing yours with us...

Larry

• Sincere Sincere x 3
  6. davduckman2010

davduckman2010 were ever you go-- there you are Full Member

First name:
    david
    thanks for being there tick your a great brother and have taught me countless things. we both are survivours of lifes speed bumps. but we always rise from that crap pile that sometimes gets dump on us. I live for tomorrow from now on and if I don't give me one of these:punish:

• Way Cool Way Cool x 1
    • +Karma +Karma x 1
    • Sincere Sincere x 1
  7. Schroedc

Schroedc Trying to kick a nasy sawdust habbit.... Staff Member Global Moderator Full Member

First name:
    Colin
    Or one of these? :nutkick: :sofa:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. BarbS

BarbS Member Full Member

First name:
    Barb
    Well said, Greg.

• Like Like x 1
    • Sincere Sincere x 1
  9. Tony

Tony Hardwood Enthusiast Staff Member Global Moderator Full Member

First name:
    Tony
    Greg, I think you hit on a very important point. After Kevin passed, a few of the guys called me just to shoot the breeze and check on me. We're all cyber friends and that's cool, but speaking to someone is a different level of compay that helps a lot when you're going through something. My suggestion is to reach out to one of us when you get a chance, it's a great thing! Tony

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. woodtickgreg

First name:
    Greg
    My brother, I have done that very thing and intend to do it more. You couldn't be more right about that. I think sometimes we can't see the forest because of the tree's. I have made some great friends here that I talk too, and there's lots more that I would like to be closer with. And Tony you are right, we need to look out for each other more as well. Tony if I had a teleporter I'd be standing on your porch right now...........

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Don Ratcliff

Don Ratcliff Tinkering on something Full Member

First name:
    Don
    My lanai is better than his... (for the moment) if you had a teleporter of course.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Wildthings

Wildthings ASTROS 2017 WORLD CHAMPIONS Full Member

First name:
    Barry
    just for the moment

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Don Ratcliff

First name:
    Don
    Okay, but you need to help build crates while you're here...

• Like Like x 2
  14. GeauxGameCalls

GeauxGameCalls Member Full Member

First name:
    Elliot
    This is heartbreaking to come on for the first time in months and see this.. As the youngest member on Woodbarter Kevin took my under his wing and was always willing to help me with any problems just as many others have. I wish I would have talked to him one more time.. You will be missed buddy.

• Sincere Sincere x 9
  15. robert flynt

robert flynt Member Full Member

First name:
    Robert
    i miss him every time I turn my computer on.

• Agree Agree x 8
  16. Schroedc

Schroedc Trying to kick a nasy sawdust habbit.... Staff Member Global Moderator Full Member

First name:
    Colin
    With the recent order keeping my shop going it hit me especially hard he's gone, he was always reaching out and asking if there was anything he could do to help.

• Sincere Sincere x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Tony

Tony Hardwood Enthusiast Staff Member Global Moderator Full Member

First name:
    Tony
    I know this is hard to believe, but I had a lot of LFRB''s that have been piled up in the shop for a while. This past weekend I went out to try to consolidate some down and get some semblance of order out there. Kevin had sent me a piece of wood off of a slab he bought from Nick Offerman for me to make my son a Christmas gift. I took that out and just piled the box. Forgot all about it until I found it and he had written a note on a piece of filler wood. It was tough seeing that guys.......

• Sincere Sincere x 9
  18. Don Ratcliff

First name:
    Don
    I kept the note he wrote to me on a FBE board he sent to make my paddle. I am glad I saved it when I milled down the board. It is going to hang in my shop.

• Like Like x 4
    • Way Cool Way Cool x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Mike1950

Mike1950 Founding Member Founding Member Full Member Thread Starter

First name:
    Mike
    I have a piece of honey locust- first tree he cut on his woodmizer. Was going to make a box lid out of it and send it back..... but.....
    The older I get significant losses start adding up. some who just brushed pass you in life-some who made a difference. Some who did not. some you never really met. Kevin and I bumped heads more times then I would like to admit or could remember. Lot's of reasons, we respected each other though. He made a difference in my life and others and in the end, if that is what goes on your stone, you have been a success. He has it in big letters....

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Great Post Great Post x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Sincere Sincere x 3
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  20. woodtickgreg

First name:
    Greg
    Not a day goes by that I don't think about him. I wish at times that he could see what I am doing with my life, but I know he can. He was one of those friends that you just wanted to share things with. He got into my heart just by being my friend and letting me be his. He always said the kindest things to me that would choke me up. Like Mike we didn't always see things eye to eye, but never really had a harsh word, just a conversation that would make both of us think. Ya'll know he could be stubborn, ridgid and opinionated, lol. And other times he was as gentle as a lamb. People come into our lives and people go, sometimes they come when they have something to give that you needed. He inspired me by telling me what an inspiration I was, really? It was he that inspired me. Kevin always made me feel good even when I was at my lowest, he just knew when that was. Damn I miss him. I remember seeing a post that he wrote on the day of his passing, it just said "kind of a weird day" I didn't think much of it at the time, but now I wonder what he meant by that. Like you guys I too have a piece of wood from his patch that I will always cherish. Yup, he left a very deep hole indeed.

• Sincere Sincere x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Great Post Great Post x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1