About Kevin

Discussion in 'Best Wishes' started by Mike1950, Nov 17, 2016.

1. TimR

TimR Sawdust Engineer Full Member

First name:
    Tim
    I think about our pepper mill exchange a while back and how excited and kinda nervous to have Kevin be the one I had to make his. It turned out fine with a Celtic knot in it of course, something I'd never tried. I do hope his family makes good use of it.
    @CodyCole24 I hope you guys know how much I enjoyed making that for Kevin and hope that it gets good use. If ever a problem with it, just let me know. That's how we are here.
    If you need help with which one, if he has several as I'd suspect, on page 3 of this thread

• Like Like x 5
    • Sincere Sincere x 2
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. SENC

SENC ... Full Member

First name:
    Henry
    It hit me again this weekend with the NFL playoffs, particularly the Cowboys-Packers game. He would have taken the Boys and I the Packers just to spite him, and I really missed the running dialogue and back and forth jabs we would have had.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Great Post Great Post x 1
    • Sincere Sincere x 1
  3. frankp

frankp Founding Member Founding Member Full Member

First name:
    Frank
    Holy bat guana. I haven't logged in for a while and this is the first thing I see! This is beyond shitty news for me today. I've been sparring with Kevin and learning from him for the better part of 15 years, maybe longer, through this site and the previous one this spun off from when corporate wonks took over the old site. Very heavy heart today.

• Sincere Sincere x 13
  4. woodtickgreg

woodtickgreg scroll, flat, spin Staff Member Global Moderator Founding Member Full Member Forum Moderator

First name:
    Greg
    Still not a day goes by that I don't think of him.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Sincere Sincere x 2
  5. Tony

Tony Hardwood Enthusiast Staff Member Global Moderator Full Member

First name:
    Tony
    I believe that goes for a lot of us Greg. I swear, to this day I'll read a post and think "Man, Kevin's going to have a field day with this one!". I get about halfway through that thought and go, "Oh........". Still tough, Hang in Greg! Tony

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Bigdrowdy1

Bigdrowdy1 Member Full Member

First name:
    Rodney
    Yes Sir I would be on that list as well. I see things at work and think of him all the time. Every time I watch the news they talk about the weather in Bonham.
    The hole he left behind is large and it does speak for the man himself.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Sincere Sincere x 1
  7. Wildthings

Wildthings ASTROS 2019 WORLD CHAMPION VIDEO PLAYERS Full Member

First name:
    Barry
    Yep not much to add to those. He was a fun guy to banter with and discuss/cuss with

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Blueglass

Blueglass Member Full Member

First name:
    Les
    It is funny I think at some point he pissed a lot of us off but it made us try harder in the end. For me it was a Blue Mahoe drum shell. I had taken a real close up shot and he saw a gap in one of the joints and he did get a tad absurd making his point. I knew I had those joints pretty good but he was right and after more research I found out Mahoe is not that stable and I should have bought a moisture meter sooner. Watching that shell tear itself apart was a lot more heart breaking than getting my little feeling hurt. I cut it up and use the staves for stickers that I use often. Now I am reminded of Kevin and that incident very often... and I smile. A lesson learned.

• Like Like x 5
    • Great Post Great Post x 4
    • +Karma +Karma x 1
    • Sincere Sincere x 1
  9. ripjack13

ripjack13 ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

First name:
    Marc
    Yep....he could be brutally honest at times. But, hey, who wants a yes man here. I'd rather have honest feedback, than to have smake blown up my backside.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Mike1950

Mike1950 Founding Member Founding Member Full Member Thread Starter

First name:
    Mike
    Good everybody pick on Marc, he likes it....:cool:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  11. steve bellinger

steve bellinger Member Full Member

First name:
    Steve
    o and whats smake by the way. :lol2::cool:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. ripjack13

ripjack13 ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator

First name:
    Marc
    That reminds me of the auction I had helped run here a year or two ago. I closed an auction Knife post by Robert Flynt and typed up something and posted it. And Kevin said it was brutal...
    Holy cow man.
    Kevin reamed me a good one in a pm.
    I thought he was going drive up here and slug me. But, I understood and tried to make it right.
    But, He told me, it's like crumbling up a piece of paper, then ironing it out. It will be smooth again, but the the effects of it are still seen.
    So, now I, try, to think before I say anything here.
    The :old: said something to me also that stuck with me....
    The point of the auction is to have fun and raise money for the site, not berate members when they post up stuff late.
    So if I seem like a yes man, I actually mean it....not just blowing smoke up yer backside....

• Like Like x 2
    • Great Post Great Post x 2
  13. steve bellinger

steve bellinger Member Full Member

First name:
    Steve
    Marc i knew what ya meet to say. just picking for the :old: sake. Heck i'm the world's worst when it comes to spell;ing even when i think i have it right i don't most of the time.:sorry:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. ripjack13

First name:
    Marc
    I had to look...I didn't even realize it. Lol....
    Smoke!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Mike1950

Mike1950 Founding Member Founding Member Full Member Thread Starter

First name:
    Mike
    Oh yes but the :old: learned that the hard way. First auction was one helluva pssin match between The englishman :old: and the Irishman Kevin. He was stubborn- I get it - Pride- but having been in biz for 20 yrs. It is about cash flow. I finally -begrudgingly got him to agree to an auction. I made all the rules - I enforced all the rules- we had a great time but with one notable exception stopped one person from entering auction-late. Felt VERY bad when a couple others slipped thru. It is a rule to be made- NOT enforced. You sir- are a good man You remember......

• +Karma +Karma x 2
  16. Schroedc

Schroedc Trying to kick a nasy sawdust habbit.... Staff Member Global Moderator Full Member

First name:
    Colin
    That's not what Smoke says.... :sofa:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. CWS

CWS Member Full Member

First name:
    Curt
    I got the same type speech once when I posted about a thread on the election. It was in a PM and directly to the point. I loved that guy.:texas:

• Like Like x 2
  18. Jerry B

Jerry B shop dawg Full Member

First name:
    Jerry
    I'm quite a bit late responding to this as I've been away and most web access unavailable .......
    Such terribly sad news to come back to ;-(
    My deepest condolences and sincere sympathies go out to Terry, family and friends
    Kevin was definitely one of the "good guys" and will be missed by many
    If there's anything at all I can do, don't hesitate to contact

• Sincere Sincere x 5
  19. Terry (Mrs. Kevin)

Terry (Mrs. Kevin) Full Member Administrator Global Moderator Founding Member Full Member Forum Moderator

First name:
    Terry
    It is my hope that we can continue to make WoodBarter the BEST place for woodworkers of all kinds to come and buy, sell and trade wood for the best interests of one another.
    Kevin wouldn't put up with any wrong doing and banned those who attempted to do so. I know that we have the BEST moderators; men of great integrity who will continue to carry on as Kevin did. Blessings to all of our members and Happy St. Paddy's Day!

• Sincere Sincere x 9
    • Great Post Great Post x 4
  20. Terry (Mrs. Kevin)

Terry (Mrs. Kevin) Full Member Administrator Global Moderator Founding Member Full Member Forum Moderator

First name:
    Terry
    Look at me...just now having the nerve to read these beautiful posts. I miss my Lonnie Kevin so much and he loved all of you as well!

• Sincere Sincere x 11