Dismiss Notice
Woodbarter has upgraded to HTTPS. Please see click here for all the details.

About Kevin

Discussion in 'Best Wishes' started by Mike1950, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Terry (Mrs. Kevin)

Terry (Mrs. Kevin) Full Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Founding Member Full Member

First name:
    Terry
    Please send me your address Larry and I will try and mail you that "cube" of FBE! PM me please! Blessings, Terry

• Like Like x 2
  2. Terry (Mrs. Kevin)

Terry (Mrs. Kevin) Full Member Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Founding Member Full Member

First name:
    Terry
    Kevin would have totally run with that one...for days to come! LOL.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Terry (Mrs. Kevin)

First name:
    Terry
    That's one of the main reasons that I fell in love with Kevin! He made me laugh everyday; his timing was impeccable! For those of you that spoke with him on the phone, you know exactly what I mean! LOL!

• Sincere Sincere x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Terry (Mrs. Kevin)

First name:
    Terry
    Thank you for sharing your story. Kevin helped so many people out to avoid bad deals that looked good! He always went out of his way to help others!

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Terry (Mrs. Kevin)

First name:
    Terry
    That's the LAST thing Kevin would want. He did work hard everyday on WoodBarter to keep things rolling along but in the end, it's you, the members that he truly believed made WoodBarter what it is today! We got it started; I have no intention of letting it dissolve....so keep on keeping on!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Sincere Sincere x 2
    • EyeCandy! EyeCandy! x 1
  6. Terry (Mrs. Kevin)

First name:
    Terry
    Beautiful post! Thank you so much; very well said!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Sincere Sincere x 1
  7. Terry (Mrs. Kevin)

First name:
    Terry
    Thank you for that! You encouraged me! I feel much the same; I still hurt but am at peace knowing that Kevin is in a much better place. We grieve and he gets to be in Heaven. So let's get on with the job of living and being the best we can be!

• Sincere Sincere x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Terry (Mrs. Kevin)

First name:
    Terry
    It's one of the most beautiful ones I own and will treasure it always!

• Like Like x 2
  9. woodtickgreg

woodtickgreg scroll, flat, spin Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator Founding Member Full Member

First name:
    Greg
    @Terry (Mrs. Kevin) So happy to see you here with us and posting again. I think I can speak for everyone and say we have missed you! I hope that the words of the members have given you some joy, just knowing that you where not alone in your loss. We all felt heartache for you as well but respected your privacy. It's good to see you moving on a little and joining us here again. You have friends all over the country, heck all over the world! With wood barter we will never forget the man that created this wonderfully community. I think of him everyday still, as I'm sure you do too. So glad to have you here again and I hope to see more of you. The support of the members here made it a little easier for me to deal with the loss of my friend and to celebrate what he did for all of us.

• Great Post x 7
    • Agree x 5
    • Thank You! x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Sincere x 1
  10. JR Custom Calls

JR Custom Calls Gobble Gobble Full Member

First name:
    Jonathan
    I woke up this morning, saw something about St Patricks Day, and immediately thought of Kevin. Then I came to check WB and saw that Terry had been posting. Got him on my mind today more than usual.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Sincere Sincere x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Way Cool Way Cool x 1
  11. Tony

Tony Hardwood Enthusiast Staff Member Global Moderator Full Member

First name:
    Tony
    @Terry (Mrs. Kevin) , Greg did an excellent job of saying a lot of what I was thinking. We all think of you often and hope you are doing well, it is wonderful to see you on here again! As do a lot of guys here, I think of Kevin daily, but with today being St. Patricks Day it's a little more poignant. Every time I see a leprechaun I smile and think about him. I gave him a cutting board at SWAT last year, he said he was honored to have it. That was an incredible feeling for me to hear him say that! I will raise a glass of Metaxa later on today in his honor. It is a Greek liquor that he and I had fond memories of and spoke about. I encourage every one to stop, take a minute out of your day and think about him. Say a prayer to whatever god you believe in for him and his family. Tony

• Sincere Sincere x 5
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  12. Mike1950

Mike1950 Founding Member Founding Member Full Member Thread Starter

First name:
    Mike
    Yep today was the day I used up all my wacko irish memes and jokes here. Hope all is well.

• Like Like x 1
  13. David Van Asperen

David Van Asperen Member Full Member

First name:
    David
    Happy St Paddys Day

• Like Like x 1
  14. Duckhunter808

Duckhunter808 Member Full Member

First name:
    Corey
    @Terry (Mrs. Kevin) I am so sorry to hear about the loss of @Kevin...I was newer to the WB family but had spoken with him a couple times and always wanted to get some of his ever talked about flamed wood.....I havent been on WB in quite some time and just now noticed that we lost the guru....He seemed like a great man and he will be greatly missed! So sorry again for your loss....

• Sincere Sincere x 2
  15. Terry (Mrs. Kevin)

First name:
    Terry
    Thank you for your kind words. It has been a difficult time to say the least. I miss him so much; I caught myself the other day thinking to myself, "I need to ask Kevin about that". I've dreamt about him and I have the hope of seeing him in heaven one day!

• Sincere Sincere x 3
  16. Terry (Mrs. Kevin)

First name:
    Terry
    Thank you so much for your kind words and encouragement. I just feel like I'm limbo in some ways and in others a desperate need to move forward quickly. A lot of progress has been made toward healing. Just so many decisions to be made.
    This week I had our three Shiloh Shepherds spayed and neutered, shots updated etc so that they could be placed in foster care and ultimately adopted. It felt like another loss as I went through this process but in the end I know it's the best decision for our beloved pets.
    It's kind of like surgery...sometimes necessary, but certainly not without pain and feelings of loss of control. Sometimes things happen in life that are not part of our plan or expectations but to not move forward would mean to become stagnant. I'm so grateful for everyone's concern, support and prayers.
    Thank you all for being a part of our WoodBarter family.
    Warmly,
    Terry

• Sincere Sincere x 7
    • Great Post Great Post x 1
  17. Mike1950

Mike1950 Founding Member Founding Member Full Member Thread Starter

First name:
    Mike
    I spent a lot of days on the road, after first wife was gone I would catch myself thinking "when I get home I will talk to Lorenda about that" Then It would awaken me. Funny the little things that trigger those thoughts- a smell- music- a movie etc. I think it is all part of the process- just like an open wound- bad at first gradually going to the itch stage- then healed. She changed me though and lives on in me and her children and now 2 grandchildren. Sounds like you are moving through the process. A very Nice 88 yr old woman- a state senator"s widowed wife in her Deep New orleans accent put it best. It is like driving from one place to another- you have no map- there is no too fast or slow-you will take wrong turns-you may have car troubles-but if you keep going forward-you will get to where you were going. She said it much better than I can but her obvious deep loss of her husband and her attitude and zest for life after losing him 15 yrs before helped me.

• Great Post Great Post x 6
    • Sincere Sincere x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Bigdrowdy1

Bigdrowdy1 Member Full Member

First name:
    Rodney
    Barely a day has passed I have thought of Kevin at some point. Work, when I see something he might have been interested in. At home in the shop or the backyard where I have a Bradford pear that has curl running through it's veins. In the shop working and thinking that's good enough and hearing him say it aint finished yet. Hell he would have contacted me by now because I ain't been on the site regularly and would want to check on my health. Today in the back yard cutting some Red Tip Phitonia and thinking he might want some of this. Spent last week in Oklahoma and saw all kinds of stuff he would have loved. Hell most anywhere for that matter I been. I really miss his little off the cuf under and up your pants leg humor. @Terry (Mrs. Kevin) I can only imagine how you feel. Colin summed it up best about the worth of a Man by the whole left when he is gone. Though not here I can still here his little Irish gotchas! Really glad to see you on here with us Terry. I still feel like this is part of my wood family and have met some truly wonderful people with whom I call friends even if we never have met. I ain't sure where I will post it yet but I got something special coming down the pipes for everyone to be a part of. I hope to post something soon about it.

:cowboy:

Rodney

Hell like this Icon he put on for me to I would not copy and paste!

• Great Post Great Post x 3
    • Sincere Sincere x 2
    • Like Like x 1