Acks Wood Paste

eaglea1

Call Maker, Sign Engraver, Resin Caster
Reaction score
First name
Randy
This probably isn't new to a lot of folks, but Acks wood paste offers a 10/% discount right now. So the standard paste and
polish kit is about 33 bucks with shipping. Also, they are having some problems with a scammer called BigMart.com that is trying to sell Acks at 91.00, plus 38 dollarsshipping. Acks is trying to get them off of Google, but his sales dropped right down to 0 with that being
advertised at 91.00.

jasonb

Sawdust = man glitter
Reaction score
First name
Jason
I use Acks or Yorkshire Grit on my turnings, especially on hybrid's. Like em both.

Mike Hill

Board Whoarder
Reaction score
First name
Mike
What are the advantages to using Acks or YG over finer sandpaper? I've avoided buying some, because I don't need another can sitting on my shelf that I need to work around. But if it works better then I'm all in.

aag562

Reaction score
First name
Anthony
Ack's is by far the the best retail paste but I have made my own and I did a side by side and I saw no reason to pay 45 bucks for 4 oz when I made 32 oz for 28 dollars. If any one wants to try some just pay for postage and I will send you a jar. I also made cutting board and bowl butter that is 100%food safe and this butter will never go bad. I use walnut oil instead of mineral oil.

Mike Hill

Board Whoarder
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Ack's is by far the the best retail paste but I have made my own and I did a side by side and I saw no reason to pay 45 bucks for 4 oz when I made 32 oz for 28 dollars. If any one wants to try some just pay for postage and I will send you a jar. I also made cutting board and bowl butter that is 100%food safe and this butter will never go bad. I use walnut oil instead of mineral oil.
Anthony, I'm curious so I'm up to that!

Karl_TN

Reaction score
First name
Karl
Is this a secret recipe?

aag562

Reaction score
First name
Anthony
Is this a secret recipe?
I have voices in my head so there's about 4 people who know the recipe right now so no its not that well kept. Go ahead tell the recipe!! No, why should we give him the recipe! ......ill send you the recipe when they are not listening... I will have to find the notes and post them later.