Adopt a Club program

Woodworking Vet

Reaction score
First name
Damon
A couple of months ago I learned that there was a small woodturning club along the northern California coast that was having a hard time surviving because they couldn't have in person meetings, and they didn't have the means to do online demonstrations or the funds to pay for an outside demonstrator. So I proposed an Adopt a Club program to my woodturning club in Spokane. It was a hit with the board and two days later we adopted the small California club. They are adopted members and as long as they are current with memberships at their own club they are honorary members of our club and can participate in our online meetings, mentoring programs and chat sessions. Its been a hit and 50% of their club members are joining us online.

We are looking at adopting another small woodturning club, small is relative of course. If anyone knows of a woodturning club that is finding it challenging while not being able to have in person meetings please let me know. We would like to extend them a lifeline until they can get back to in person meetings. There is no cost unless we have an paid outside demonstrator for which everyone pays a nominal fee. 90% of our activities are free of cost and being online the adoptees can be located anywhere.

Let me know if you are in a club or know of a club that could use some help. Space is limited so we can't adopt everyone but we'll try to accommodate as many as we can.

damon

tocws2002

Reaction score
First name
-jason
That's awesome. I haven't been involved with the local woodworking club for a few years, but I'll pass this on to some of the folks I know.

Thanks,

-jason

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
That's a great thing for y'all to do!

Woodworking Vet

Reaction score
First name
Damon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks! But we need to adopt another club or two, if there are any in need of wanting to attend online meetings and demonstrations. Pass the word!