Advice for true beginner? Any clubs/ "open" shops to work in?

David_CinciOH

Reaction score
First name
David
I'm sure it would be really satisfying to make something simple (I think an end table or or very basic box/chest), and refine that skill by making better and better versions. I don't have a workshop or tools for furniture or small box making though, and no good space for a workshop yet even if I was committed to the investment.

Are there any clubs or "open" shops in the Cincinnati region I could work out of? Or any other advice?

Thanks!

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
I would google woodworking clubs in Ohio to start with. If there is a Rockler or Woodcraft around you check with them, they would probably know. Also, check with any community colleges you have around, most have classes and a Shop to go along with them.

Maverick

Reaction score
First name
John
Here are the Ohio chapters listed on the AAW site. This is just a copy/paste and are not live links so you will need to type in the website info to look any of them up that interest you.

upload_2020-6-10_14-31-32.png

CWS

Reaction score
First name
Curt
I would google woodworking clubs in Ohio to start with. If there is a Rockler or Woodcraft around you check with them, they would probably know. Also, check with any community colleges you have around, most have classes and a Shop to go along with them.
There is a great woodturning club in Cincinnati. Ohio Valley Woodturners Guild. They have a great shop and a lot of classes of all skill levels.