Advice on riser blocks

Sgt Mike

Reaction score
First name
Mike
Looking to add 6" riser block to hf 14" bandsaw. Have seen many suggestions but no definitive answer. Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated. I do know that the hf kits are discontinued

Schroedc

Still making sawdust, Maybe make some money....
Reaction score
First name
Colin

pinky

Reaction score
First name
John
I want to give my .02 on this from experience. I had a Delta 14" bandsaw. I added a 2 hp motor and put on the riser blocks. As a woodturner and using it for roughing out and prepping blanks, I couldn't of been happier. But as I started doing more and more flat work and tried to do resawing on it, it became nothing but frustration. The saw was set up properly but tension or lack there of, made it a poor choice for resaw work. Depending on what you want to use it for would dictate my choice as to proceed or not.

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
I want to give my .02 on this from experience. I had a Delta 14" bandsaw. I added a 2 hp motor and put on the riser blocks. As a woodturner and using it for roughing out and prepping blanks, I couldn't of been happier. But as I started doing more and more flat work and tried to do resawing on it, it became nothing but frustration. The saw was set up properly but tension or lack there of, made it a poor choice for resaw work. Depending on what you want to use it for would dictate my choice as to proceed or not.

That's my concern as well John. I have a Rockwell (basically Delta) 14" as well. I couldn't be happier with it as it is except for the height capacity. My concern is I put it that riser block and I'll be able to cut taller stuff but my ability to cut the shapes that I do do now will suffer, and that's the majority of what I need it for. In a perfect world I would have 2 different saws, but space and budget don't allow for that. Tony

CWS

Reaction score
First name
Curt
I have a 14" Jet with a riser and it does resaw ok. I use the woodslicer blade from Highland Hardware.

pinky

Reaction score
First name
John
Tony, I think for cutting shapes, ala cutting boards and not real thick items, you wouldn't see a difference as now. Would work fine. The issue I had was try to do a good job resawing 10" to 12" material.