Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I hunted small game when I was a kid with several air rifles, crossman .177, Benjamin .22, Sheridan 5mm. Took rabbits, quail, and doves mostly.
As an adult I get a kick out of shooting rats, lol. None around my house though because I feed the ferral cats.

Last edited:

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
I hunted small game when I was a kid with several air rifles, crossman .177, Benjamin .22, Sheridan 5mm. Took rabbits, quail, and doves mostly.
As an adult I get a kick out of shooting rats, lol. None around my house though because I feed the ferral cats.

Air guns for hunting were not legal in PA, not sure if they are yet. Know several air rifles were used in State Collage to thin small game by certain frats, well at least they cooked them and ate them.

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Scope came today!:yipee:

I dont know if I can use the rings that came with it yet, I might have to get a taller set to clear the magazine. The gun has a rotary magazine that loads from the top.
20200428_163352.jpg Its a thing of beauty. Lol.
20200428_163447.jpg Specs.......
20200428_163600.jpg

TimR

Sawdust Engineer
Reaction score
First name
Tim
Took my Crosman 150 out to hit a splatter target. Man I suck, but in my defense I wasn’t using any steady, just sitting in s chair. This is about 20 ft away and I had to do some adjusting of the rear site to get things closer to center.
So, I looked up to verify what this model was first for, ... it was the use of the modern day Powerlet 12 gram cartridge.
@woodtickgreg , looking forward to hearing how things go once you get that new scope dialed in!

916A0B69-E69F-4FCF-9B87-459EDF8F43C8.jpeg

BFB797B1-C5E3-4FF1-A1F6-1C3FDB8AF03C.jpeg

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
They still haven't shipped the gun yet:negative: and I check everyday. Waiting on the ammo as well, one of the pellets I ordered is on back order, they will ship when everything is in. I'm trying out a few different weights and styles of pellets to see which one shoots best.
So just to recap,
I have a really nice scope,
No rifle to put it on,:impatient:
And no ammo to shoot.:impatient:
I hate this lockdown covid crap.:mad:

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
@TimR That's not horrible for a air pistol of that vintage. Fun wasn't it?

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Tick, pulled an 021 recoil to put on a new cord. Only one dog, I assume it had two at one time???
Dunno, does the starter pully have a spot for another dog? Take a pic and start a new thread and we can figure it out.

Gdurfey

Reaction score
First name
Garry
@woodtickgreg , Greg, please so firm my education on airguns. They require an argument specific scope, right? Something about the way the air gun fires? Thanks in advance

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
@Gdurfey break barrels, or Springer's as they are called need a tough scope. They have been known to break scopes in time due to the forces they generate in 2 directions. Pre charged pneumatic guns have almost no recoil, so any good rifle scope can be used. The gun I ordered wont have any recoil either, it's a pcp with it's own on board pump. Pcp guns are usually very accurate because there is no recoil like a Springer has. Springer's only need to be cocked once, can have very good power, but also need to be learned how to shoot accurately because of the recoil from the strong springs in them.

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Dunno, does the starter pully have a spot for another dog? Take a pic and start a new thread and we can figure it out.

Yep, it has two spots, 180 degrees offset like most. It was just like it was never put in. Already put it back together. Not worth a thread to me.

Maybe today the scope will have a friend to lean on...

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Got an email from buds, the gun has finally shipped. I have a tracking number but it's not in the system yet so I dont know when it will be here yet. It might not show up in the system until Monday. But it shipped!:yipee:

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Tracking number is in the system now, might see the gun Wednesday. Fingers crossed!

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Ups just sent me a text, rifle will be delivered tomorrow. :yipee:Pellets will be delivered Saturday. Once I get the rifle I'll be able to determine if the scope rings will work or not. I ordered several different weights and styles of pellets to determine which one the gun likes best. All air guns like different pellets, some shoot more consistent than others.

Mike Hill

Board Whoarder
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Waiting eagerly to see your new gun. For about 5 years now I've asked my dad that if he sees an old Schuetzen at a decent price, I would be interested. No decent prices yet. Unfortunately, he had already sold his before I asked! He did that also with his Model A pickup - thankfully. Wife would have killed me if I had bought it. Anyways, instead of a Schuetzen, I am thinking about a target air rifle.

Dad, still has my old pump Benjamin. He uses it to chase away snakes. I have one old Benjamin, but a couple of years ago, the pump lever broke near where it meets the piston. Alas, no air gun now!

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Its here!:yipee:
Box was in good shape.
20200506_130237.jpg Stanley approved, lol.
20200506_130412.jpg Packaged well, owners manual, fill probe, 2 rotary clips, and a lube bottle.
20200506_130557.jpg Its not as heavy as it looks.
20200506_130845.jpg I want to read the manual before I play with it.
20200506_130855.jpg
Supper cool. Pellets should be here today sometime.

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Got my assortment of ammo today. I can't believe how well packaged this stuff was. I've gotten regular ammo that wasn't packaged as good, lol
20200507_171406.jpg
I got a pretty good assortment of various styles and weights to see which one the gun likes best. Most of the reviews I looked at the gun seems to like this brand best so we'll see. Another good brand is JSB.
20200507_171530.jpg

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Today I played with the rifle a little. Tried to mount the scope. The scope came with rings but they where weaver style and way to big. This gun has an 11mm dovetail. So I ordered the correct rings today. Try again soon, lol.
I did remove the standard sights.

Last edited:

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
I finally got the correct scope rings in the mail today. That took forever to get here! Apparently in sat in a Detroit post office for a week.
Hawke rings for the Hawke scope.
20200518_153856.jpg I used a couple small micro bubble levels to get everything lined up.
20200518_155928.jpg 20200518_155939.jpg Yay! The magazine clears the scope with mid height scope rings.
20200518_161708.jpg And the big end clears as well.
20200518_161723.jpg Here it is in the case, several styles and weights of pellets to find out which one it likes.
20200518_162744.jpg
Now I just have to find time to get out to my buddies place out in the country so I can sight it in. I'm anxious to shoot it!