Another bandsaw box

Nature Man

Reaction score
First name
Chuck
That's really a work of art! So very nice! Next time you do one of these, why don't you make up a tutorial for the rest of us. Chuck

larry C

Reaction score
First name
Larry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's really a work of art! So very nice! Next time you do one of these, why don't you make up a tutorial for the rest of us. Chuck
Chuck, I'll be glad to do that, but I have to admit, I learned the basics of bandsaw boxes from a couple of books that I bought years ago on Amazon. These books tell how to make the blanks, and there are instructions on proper design, and bandsaw techniques that will help a lot.
Actually, they are fairly simple and interesting to make. Be aware that there is a tremendous amount of sanding involved.

Karl_TN

Reaction score
First name
Karl
Chuck, I'll be glad to do that, but I have to admit, I learned the basics of bandsaw boxes from a couple of books that I bought years ago on Amazon. These books tell how to make the blanks, and there are instructions on proper design, and bandsaw techniques that will help a lot.
Actually, they are fairly simple and interesting to make. Be aware that there is a tremendous amount of sanding involved.
What’s your favorite book on making bandsaw boxes?

larry C

Reaction score
First name
Larry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What’s your favorite book on making bandsaw boxes?
There are several, but I really like these two...
New Bandsaw Box by David Picciuto

Sculpted Band Saw Boxes by Louis Ventura This is available on Kindle, I'm not sure if it's available in print any more..