• Woodbarter Hats Are Available!!! Scroll down on the main page to the Member Activities & Site Support, Then click on Wood Barter SCHWAG and go to the topic Woodbarter Hats 2022 to order your hat. There's only a limited quanity, so don't wait to get yours.

Another grab

Eric Rorabaugh

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Eric
A tree came down on a property across from my house. The whole neighborhood was out there clearing the limbs out of the road so everyone could go to work. A lady that works at the court clerks office and her husband own the property and have it for sale. I told her to tell her husband and if he didn't want it for firewood, I'd like the logs from it. They drove by on Sunday to look. She texted me and said I could have it. Had a buddy that lives down the road bring his skid steer up and load them this evening. Biggest one is 21" on the small end. Now to get back to the mill. Also grabbed a few chunks to cut up here. Maybe tonight.

20220531_165638.jpg

20220531_165707.jpg

Eric Rorabaugh

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Eric
Yes sir cherry. Thanks. Took a few chunks and split one down the middle and got two 12x12x5 bowl blanks. Also grabbed a few pieces of maple and split one. Probably 9x9x4. Sealed the ends on all. Will post pics tomorrow if I get a chance and remember. May brab more of it before he has someone clean it all up.