Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
I have been enjoying watching and reading about your logging adventures. It's going to be so sweet for you when you finally get a mill and start sawing.

Clay3063

I'm a cantankerous old man, and I know it.
Reaction score
First name
Clay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have been enjoying watching and reading about your logging adventures. It's going to be so sweet for you when you finally get a mill and start sawing.

Thanks Greg. It's been an adventure for me as well. We went again yesterday morning. I had intended to spend the morning welding but went to the river instead to fell a few more trees. It was a nighmare of sorts. There is a creek that feeds into the river on this place. We were asked to remove some elm and ash trees that were growing on the banks of this creek. So we did. Most of them fell into the creek (not much water but the banks are steep and high, about 15-20 feet), meaning we'll have to extract them. I've been sawing firewood with a chainsaw since I was a kid of about 10 years old so I know my way around a chainsaw. But yesterday was chock full of surprises. One of which saw me felling an elm that kicked back somewhat and trapped the bar between the stump and log as it fell, subsequently putting about a 45 degree bend in the last 4 inches of the bar. I've never ever ruined a bar in my life. Until yesterday. It is what it is. I'll post some pics later tonight when we get back. First I've got to run check both of my hog traps. We started trapping again earlier this week as the hogs have moved back in on the hay field and it looks like someone ran a D8 with a root plow across the place.

Wildthings

ASTROS '23 ALCS CHAMPIONS runnerup
Reaction score
First name
Barry
My brother's FIL lives there in Gonzalez and back in the 90's we hunted his place for hogs. They were running rampart tearing up the hay fields and even killed a calf at birth. The place was over run by them.

Clay3063

I'm a cantankerous old man, and I know it.
Reaction score
First name
Clay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My brother's FIL lives there in Gonzalez and back in the 90's we hunted his place for hogs. They were running rampart tearing up the hay fields and even killed a calf at birth. The place was over run by them.
Yes sir. We caught 6 this morning and 1 wed morning. Sold all 7. There were about 2 dozen piglets in the trap too. All of them but two were small enough to squeeze through the 4 x 4 hog panels.