another masterpeice from david van asperen

davduckman2010

were ever you go-- there you are
Reaction score
First name
david
heres another beautiful scroll piece from @davidvanasperen he has one special talent when it comes to this . just an awesome scroll and one beautiful finish. many thanks my friend. I will cherish these on my trophy room wall till them dam boys of mine split them up when im dead :lol::lol::lol:. very very nice work bud:thanx2::thanx2::thanx2:duck
IMG_20160219_135319551.jpg IMG_20160219_135325340.jpg IMG_20160220_072959522.jpg IMG_20160219_135334904.jpg IMG_20160219_135334904.jpg

Last edited:

SENC

Reaction score
First name
Henry
Wow, those are spectacular!!! The wood itself creates a beautiful sky in the background of the duck scene. Excellent work, David!

barry richardson

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Barry
I think that's the best scroll work I've ever seen! You have some serious patience David! That big one looks pretty thick, all the more impressive...

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
My eyes cross and my butt aches just thinking about all the time he spent sitting at that saw. Gorgeous work David!

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
That's beautiful David! You have the patience of Jobe and incredible talent! Tony

rockb

rockbswesternwoods.com
Reaction score
First name
Rocky
Man David, those are beautiful.......didn't know you did that kind of work.

Bigdrowdy1

Reaction score
First name
Rodney
Totally jaw dropping, eye pleasing, patience inspiring, beautiful work @David Van Asperen . Those would be pieces to proudly displace in any sportsman room. Congrats to you Dave to own such a pair or magnificent pieces to display.

Top Shelf for sure :drinks:

:cowboy:

David Van Asperen

Reaction score
First name
David
Thanks to all for the compliments . These 2 were cut from one of the marvelous slabs of duckwood that @davduckman2010 sent me back in July. Dave has been some kind of patient with me to complete my end of the trade.
A little about those --I had hope to cut both on the same board and leave in one piece but it appeared ( and I feared ) that some of the more fragile areas make break with all the handling that it requires to complete. That is why it was cut in two pieces .
I sanded the board down to about 3/8 of an inch thick and left the end just the way they arrived . The natural edges and chain sawed ends felt right.
Both patterns were cut using spiral blades.
The pheasant pattern is entitled " On The Wing" and the duck pattern is entitled " In For A Landing". I am not the pattern maker--wish I could do that
It was a real pleasure to scroll on this " one of a kind " maple. I would have been really happy with sanding it smooth ,applying a clear coat, and hanging it on the wall--It really is that stunning.
Thanks again for make my day
Dave

Last edited:

davduckman2010

were ever you go-- there you are
Reaction score
First name
david
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
:thanx2:its an honor to get these fine pieces from a true scrolling master my friend totally beautiful work from top to bottom. your a good man and thank you again --duck

JohnF

Reaction score
First name
John
Super things can happen when great wood and great talent come together. They sure did on those scrolls.