Any Biplane Fans out there?

trc65

Reaction score
First name
Tim
This week our local airport is again hosting the 48th National Stearman Fly-In. Stearman fly in from all over the country and we usually see around 70 planes parked at the airport at the end of the day. We live about 10 miles from the airport out in the middle of farm fields, so see a lot of them flying in formation as well as performing acrobatics.

They will be around all week and compete in various contests including "bombing runs" in which they use flour filled bags to bomb targets. Some also offer rides and the opportunity to take the controls for a short while.

I'm not a pilot, never flown in one, but look forward to the week after Labor Day each year to watch a little bit of history.

Here are a few pictures I've taken in the past.

IMG_4587_1382x1037.jpg IMG_4585_1382x1037.jpg IMG_4612_1382x1037.jpg IMG_5807_1382x1037.jpg

Nature Man

Reaction score
First name
Chuck
I enjoy airshows and been to some amazing ones. I marvel at the vintage planes and those that fly them. Love the pics you posted showing the biplanes from previous shows. The aviation community is a special group of folks. Chuck