Anyone ever make a box for a vape MOD?

GeorgeS

Reaction score
First name
George
I don't Vap but brother I know a work of art when I see it and that is beautiful. It's evident you have worked very hard on this project!

CAWoodCollector07

Reaction score
First name
Joe
@Cole Mods ! Long time no talk brother. I didn't know you were behind Kudzu!! This is JT ...I have the group CWG. I've come pretty far since starting posting in here but you my friend...have come a long way! I wish I got on the list in lxv :( Let me know if you ever need some wood. Here's one of my favorites...

11655131_10205294871945704_1730020224_n.jpg

CAWoodCollector07

Reaction score
First name
Joe
WOW... Well that surely puts into perspective how much these high end MODs must be selling for when fully completed.

Having bought from this guy, have you had any issues with his stabilized blanks shrinking or distorting in any way? I suppose if he is the only one able to provide a truly stable blank then he pretty much has you by the balls. But man oh man that is a lot for a blank.

I wonder if this is where it makes sense to invest in a vacuum oven? Do you think that would give be able to stabilize the wood better? I've been looking at them as well as standard lab ovens. My application is mainly for stabilizing slabs for box making. MODs are something I'll never get into due to the degree of precision tooling necessary, but I do want to make sure anything I stabilize is truly stable.

I hope this is relevant to the conversation. I only ask about stabilization methods here because this seems to be a critical issue for the MODs also. If there is a better way to stabilize, I want to know about it.
I had all the same questions...the blocks looked so nice and have been on the outside. This is my PERSONAL experience...my partner and I stabilize and dye blocks and have been for quite some time (see last page for latest batch of quad dyes) and I wanted to see if the colors "bled" on the inside of some of his raffles (which go for $200-$400 a block). Well, not only did it bleed, but when I received it, there was no "pop" like the pictures had regardless of wetting down. Stabilization was done well, color separation, NO. I see a lot of people raffling/auctioning blocks for very high prices...I personally don't agree with it so don't do it myself. To each is own.

Paulsenw

Reaction score
First name
William
So this is the first prototype.
I have a 25 piece prototype run being done right now. We are working out the kinks with a closed group of people that get prototype mods and different inserts for testing and feedback.
After that, we make the changes that need to be made and then start selling.

I'm making inserts from Final Strut's hybrid pieces and they are insane. just beautiful.
I also just ordered a bunch of Raffir for some other insert options.

I'm currently working on finding someone to do my aluminum anodizing.

View attachment 77362
how do I participate in said "closed group of people that get prototype mods and different inserts for testing" lol count me in! Your mod is beautiful btw

Electronic Crafter

Reaction score
First name
Earl
Nor would I, having never sucked a robot d**k. I never smoked an ecig, but got a nicotine buzz after 15 minutes in a room full of people vaping, and I agree with the canon description.

Last edited:

Palaswood

Reaction score
First name
Joseph
Wow! I'm amazed at all the knowledge on this thread. If I wanted to get started casting and dying in a vacuum chamber, where do I begin so that I can learn what I need to in order to build a setup? I'm looking for resources, websites, tutorials, links, threads etc.

Thanks!