• A New Photo Gallery Has Been Added!!! Please share pictures of your finished projects in the New Photo Gallery for everyone to enjoy browsing. This section is for FINISHED PROJECTS ONLY!! All others will be deleted. This section was created to give people a place to view photos without having to read through all the threads. Enjoy everyone and please contribute!

Anyone know the value of White Siris Burl? ( Albizia Procera)

Byron Barker

Reaction score
First name
Byron
I found these blocks of White Siris wood recently. Seems like nice stuff, but have no idea the value of it and the guy is already asking what I consider to be quite a lot. 15cmx5x4 . Obviously, the value is essentially what people would pay for it, but I am not certain if this is one of those woods people actually do know the value of. I can't find much info on it, but that might just be because there is a more common name being used abroad than "White Siris". Any info would be appreciated.

152337169_474548313903810_3713849081339547005_o.jpg

Byron Barker

Reaction score
First name
Byron
Man you come up with some gorgeous stuff!!
This was listed on FB wood working sites, so I'm pretty sure others will have seen it as well. He listed a price, but no idea if it's a fair value. It's also got him listed as residing in a little island in Indonesia ...sooooo shipping...

Last edited:

ATGwoodturning

Reaction score
First name
Thomas
Do you know of any other names for this wood? Ceylon Rosewood, Bhilwara, Albizia odoratissma those could be some leads. Siris Trees grow in South East Asia I think. But I've only heard of Black Siris.

Byron Barker

Reaction score
First name
Byron
Do you know of any other names for this wood? Ceylon Rosewood, Bhilwara, Albizia odoratissma those could be some leads. Siris Trees grow in South East Asia I think. But I've only heard of Black Siris.
Yeah, I guess they've got a similar species here in Taiwan where I live. Like I said, I couldn't find many local names. The other names that came up were Karoi, Labbek, fleatree, frywood, Koko or "woman's tongue tree" but only the first two were specific to the Latin name.

Last edited: