ash, olive, cactus, redwood,. ♫ εηdεd ♫

Lance s

Reaction score
First name
Lance
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Mike those pics can you give me a price on those? I can work with 1 5/8 th material just make me work Pm if needed thanks

Last edited:

Lance s

Reaction score
First name
Lance
Thanks, no rush. I have fourth irons in the fire and they are all hot at once.

wood128

Reaction score
First name
Joe
Mike, if you have the 2 " thick ash burl, I would be interested in some. By all means, take care of the back. Mine is so, so but know some friends who have lots of trouble, including surgery .

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Mike, interested in a sample or two of each if they are on different angles (quarter sawn versus radial and so forth).

Black ash, Fraxinus nigra
Mountain ash, Sorbus I assume, which one?

I'm looking for stock that will finish at 3" x 6"x 1/2

Let me know cost and I'll get a check in the mail.

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Mike, interested in a sample or two of each if they are on different angles (quarter sawn versus radial and so forth).

I will see if I have something those sizes- I doubt on Mt ash- all cut.

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Mike, is any of the Mt. ash wide enough (1&5/8) and thick enough (1&3/8) that I could make a 2 part book match laminated sample? That might look cool...

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Mike, is any of the Mt. ash wide enough (1&5/8) and thick enough (1&3/8) that I could make a 2 part book match laminated sample? That might look cool...
I will look at what I have. Most were cut into duck blank size 1 5/8 x 1 5/8 x 6+

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike

Sorbus- yes. i would guess Not western natural. too big.

Lance s

Reaction score
First name
Lance
Mike, I would like four of those mt ash blocks to go with the red wood and black ash when you get it. The red wood burl can be as this as 1 inch just needs to look good fill a flat rate box 1-2 inches thick pieces. the first picture of ash 3 inches thick I would like it if it's available, as well as any like it, would like a pice before commit is all. The maple looks good a flat rate box of it will fit the bill.

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Mike, I would like four of those mt ash blocks to go with the red wood and black ash when you get it. The red wood burl can be as this as 1 inch just needs to look good fill a flat rate box 1-2 inches thick pieces. the first picture of ash 3 inches thick I would like it if it's available, as well as any like it, would like a pice before commit is all. The maple looks good a flat rate box of it will fit the bill.

I will make a list and picture all pieces and price in one spot -here-today. This thread is so long and taken so long- No blame :) -that it gets confusing. I have plenty of wood to sell but would hate for you to get it and not be happy... TY

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Yes Mike,

Duck call blank would surly work if it was the 1&5/8th sq. by over 6" long, however the guessing would not work for me. If it was Sorbus genus, that would be fine (being burl), but if you are not sure I would have to pass on it so not to mislead others that might use my samples for educational purposes.

So, as for now I would like 1-3 samples of 'Black ash burl'. Each showing different details from a different view (perspective).

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Yes Mike,

Duck call blank would surly work if it was the 1&5/8th sq. by over 6" long, however the guessing would not work for me. If it was Sorbus genus, that would be fine (being burl), but if you are not sure I would have to pass on it so not to mislead others that might use my samples for educational purposes.

So, as for now I would like 1-3 samples of 'Black ash burl'. Each showing different details from a different view (perspective).
The guessing is what variety of sorbus it is- it is sorbus but there are 100-200 of them. The tree was yard tree- not labeled- :ponder:- I never saw it- long time dry and cut by the time I got to it. It was big. at least for sorbus- at least 14". thus I assume not western native. I have not seen that big.