Dismiss Notice
Woodbarter has upgraded to HTTPS. Please see click here for all the details.

Banks and Box's at craft show

Discussion in 'Box Makers' started by del schisler, Nov 13, 2011.

1. del schisler

del schisler Founding Member Founding Member Full Member Thread Starter

First name:
    del schisler
    here are some banks that i made for the craft show. And also a shot of the box's on the table. This is one table i have another table . I couldn't find the picture . I have made probly 500 or so of different styles and different kinds of wood. And lot's of different size's i make what ever the wood will make as far as the size goes. I resaw most of the wood for the box part which is 2 3/4" tall by 3/8" thick or maybe a little more just depend's on the wood, if i can get 2 nice pieces i will do that and not thro any away which i dont any way. That is why you have to clean out the shop so that you can get in. All the cut off's just keep growing and growing. I just gave away a lagre pile not for fire but another person will work it into his item's so little get thrown away. thanks for looking del

boxs.jpg

banksthree.jpg

2. Kevin

Kevin Wood is good. Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Founding Member Full Member

First name:
    Kevin
    Wow Del that's some great looking work. With so many styles and so many in number I guess I'd have to call that 'custom production' work. Thanks for showing them to us.

3. del schisler

First name:
    del schisler
    thanks for the kind word's. I am retired so i can open up the shop when i get the mood. I have a 12x20 shop and 2 ea 10x10 blg's also for wood strorage and yrd stuff. I have wood storage all above in the shop on rack's above the bench's . I have the wood sorted by type's . I have lot's of wood and different type's. Of course i buy it in the ruff and plane and resaw as needed. About all that get's thrown away is the saw dust. I have a garden but most isn't good for that so i thro all away. thanks for reading . del

4. txpaulie

txpaulie Founding Member Founding Member

First name:
    Paul
    Nice stuff, del...

Do you carve the designs on the lids..?

p

5. del schisler

First name:
    del schisler
    No those are put in with unit from Miles Craft nodel 1207 . Here is the video . Now he shut's off the router to much you don't need to. He does this for the video so some one brain dead doesn't do it and get's hurt and than try to sue. I have use this almost every day and i use the pc690 and never any problum. Now if you buy this their is a learning curve which isn't much. I did it. Their are lot's of patern's you can do. This is kind of cheep but it work's very well and the price is good. Here is the video after the video go to the web site and look at the rest. thanks for looking del http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1i6dUmi9xg

6. Mickey Cassiba

Mickey Cassiba Member Full Member

Very cool del! Bein' as I can't join two boards square, I took the spinny approach to wood(actually I have a WIP, but it's still in the finishing room(closet)and y'all can't see it 'til it's done.:P

Current Time: 12:40 AM