Belize rosewood

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
We are talking in circles. There will always be scumbags. Hell look at the congress. Ya got folks there thinkin islands will sink. Most people in biz are honest. Just my observation.
And you NEVER see them in news. Drama and hate is what news haz become. One continuous soap opera. Thank goodness i have not watched for 10 yrs. Reading it is bad enough.

Arn213

craM de la craM # RipJack City!
Reaction score
First name
Arn
Based on my observation- that anything that goes on the endangered list, people will look for an “alternative or a substitute”. When that happens, that wood that was used as an “alternative or as a substitute” that was plentiful will soon land at the endangered species list. It is a viscious cycle and pattern. Case in point, Braz. rosewood went into effect in 1991, builders look for an alternate which commercially available was Indian rosewood- now that is restricted among other genuine rosewoods (as of January 2017). Look at lignum vitae, the alternative was “Vera” and that also followed suite going into the restricted list.

My observation in the way builders are looking for genuine mahogany substitute, even though these aren’t genuine swietenia, but has ”mahogany-esque” color and appearance- African Khaya and Sapele down the road will meet the same fate in being in the restricted list.