Belize Trip: Wood for my Drum Building

Blueglass

Reaction score
First name
Les
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I will have to come up with some time to do wood work. That has been a challenge. My daughter starts preschool tomorrow so it might get easier?

gman2431

Reaction score
First name
cody
Awesome thread and thanks for sharing! Those sappy carvings are amazing.

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
I will have to come up with some time to do wood work. That has been a challenge. My daughter starts preschool tomorrow so it might get easier?

My son is a Sophomore in college, so I feel safe in saying no, it does not get easier :sorry:

Blueglass

Reaction score
First name
Les
@Kevin I'm pretty sure I got a mouth full of sawdust from being slack jawed as I re-sawed, ha ha. If I did, I didn't notice.

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
@Kevin I'm pretty sure I got a mouth full of sawdust from being slack jawed as I re-sawed, ha ha. If I did, I didn't notice.

I would've too that's primo grade ziricote Les ... don't get much better than that. So you brought that log short onto the ship and it cleared customs?

kazuma78

Reaction score
First name
Josh
I would've too that's primo grade ziricote Les ... don't get much better than that. So you brought that log short onto the ship and it cleared customs?
Thats the same thought I had too kevin. I'm now seriously considering trying to talk my wife into a cruise to Belize for everything else and not telling her about the wood prospects...

Blueglass

Reaction score
First name
Les
As far as getting on the ship it was pretty easy. They ran my bags through an x Ray, but no trouble. I put a log short in my bag with another piece and did the same with my wife's bag. I picked the bags up in the customs terminal and then went through. It may have helped that my daughter was exhausted and decided to hitch a ride. So I was pulling through two bags with Jazzy riding on top. Even the customs officials were laughing. Zircote is not on the red list so I didn't expect much trouble.