Belt for Rikon 70-105 Lathe

Wilson's Woodworking

Reaction score
First name
Danny
I am looking for a belt for my Rikon 70-105 lathe. I believe it takes the same belt as the 70-100 model. Just wondering if there is a place to get that little thing without dropping $20 plus shipping.

Schroedc

Still making sawdust, Maybe make some money....
Reaction score
First name
Colin
I'd double check part numbers though, some guys are saying they are the same and some are saying they aren't......

Wilson's Woodworking

Reaction score
First name
Danny
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd double check part numbers though, some guys are saying they are the same and some are saying they aren't......
Everything I have found on the web from dealers says it is the same belt but the 70-105 has only been on the market for a short time so who knows if that is accurate. The original belt is still working but due to my mistake is missing a rib.
Try www.beltsforanything.com

they have the best prices I've seen. You need to know the length, width & how many ribs to fit the pullys.
They take phone calls too
I would do that but hard to get accurate measurement when part of the belt is missing. That and I really don't want to take the spindle apart till I have to. Yes I am lazy when it comes to that. I did get the numbers off the belt and called Kelly Supply but no go on that.

JR Custom Calls

Gobble Gobble
Reaction score
First name
Jonathan
Everything I have found on the web from dealers says it is the same belt but the 70-105 has only been on the market for a short time so who knows if that is accurate. The original belt is still working but due to my mistake is missing a rib.

I would do that but hard to get accurate measurement when part of the belt is missing. That and I really don't want to take the spindle apart till I have to. Yes I am lazy when it comes to that. I did get the numbers off the belt and called Kelly Supply but no go on that.

You mean, you left the spindle lock on and turned it on? I did that lol... 3 times.

FWIW, I turned daily for over a year with mine like that. And the guy that bought it uses it as well.

Wilson's Woodworking

Reaction score
First name
Danny
You mean, you left the spindle lock on and turned it on? I did that lol... 3 times.

FWIW, I turned daily for over a year with mine like that. And the guy that bought it uses it as well.
Oh it runs just fine but it makes a noise. I liked it when it was whisper quite. :wacko::ok:

Spinartist

Reaction score
First name
Lee

In my woodturning studio there 5 regulars who come to turn & learn various days every week. I recently acquired a Delta 12" & everyone, including myself has turned on the lathe with the spindle lock on causing a loud squeal.

I have implemented a "new belt fund" jar! All regulars started by putting $1 in to start, then every time the lathe is turned on with the spindle lock engaged on any lathe, that person adds $1 to the jar!! There is $14 in the jar now.

belt fund.png

Wilson's Woodworking

Reaction score
First name
Danny
Ummmmm. I don't think this little bugger has a spindle lock. It has a wrench to take off and put on chucks and stuff but no lock. I tried to use this little boy like my big boy lathe and stopped the spindle with the gouge. Kinda like a spindle stop I guess. :headscratch2: