• A New Photo Gallery Has Been Added!!! Please share pictures of your finished projects in the New Photo Gallery for everyone to enjoy browsing. The New Photo Gallery is for FINISHED PROJECTS ONLY!! The New Photo Gallery section was created to give people a place to view photos without having to read through all the threads. Enjoy everyone and please contribute!

Bench short and sterile (or so they claim)

2feathers Creative Making

Reaction score
First name
Frank
Had a couple hours this afternoon to goof off. Decided to pull a chanticleer pear trunk off my flat bed. It was too heavy to lift in one piece so I split it with my chainsaw. 20210604_175251.jpg
There's the small half. I trimmed the end by about 18 inches due to a crotch separation that was about 30 inches long and took it to my steel table frame to sand. That required a moving dolly. I then used a steel grinding disc 36 grit to remove chainsaw cuts, flap disc at 40 grit to take the deep scratches out. Then switched to 80 on a random orbit sander followed by 220. Put a quick coat of coconut oil on the surface. 45 cut the bench to make a water fall on one end. Locked the waterfall on with 4 in ledger screws. Turned it over to trim both ends to height, and there it went. 20210604_175200.jpg
The two roots just happened to roll out when I cut the tree... :lol2:
And if you believe that was an accident, we got a few more fun stories for you.

20210604_175141.jpg

barry richardson

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Barry
Well done Frank, a cool idea I will have to keep in mind, I reckon the wood is still green?