• A New Photo Gallery Has Been Added!!! Please share pictures of your finished projects in the New Photo Gallery for everyone to enjoy browsing. The New Photo Gallery is for FINISHED PROJECTS ONLY!! The New Photo Gallery section was created to give people a place to view photos without having to read through all the threads. Enjoy everyone and please contribute!

Benchtop jointer extension

KingBowzer

Reaction score
First name
Joshua
Hello all,

Not too long ago I picked up a Delta benchtop jointer as a leftover from an estate sale. Paid 50 bucks for it with the estate sale tag of $200 still on it lol. I was attempting to face joint some maple boards, roughly 5ft long 4.5 inches wide and did not get the results I was after, given that the outfeed table is too short for something that long.

I was curious if anyone has made a detachable outfeed extension table to a benchtop jointer with successful results

2feathers Creative Making

Reaction score
First name
Frank
I have not. But if you use the adjustable feet like @woodtickgreg used on his tablesaw outfeed table and straight edge it with a level you should be pretty close. This is a place where an all steel table would shine because it wouldn't change shape with humidity. But even a well built table like Gregg's should get you some mighty clean joints.

KingBowzer

Reaction score
First name
Joshua
After reading your post and giving it some thought, I had the idea of setting the jointer on top of a workmate, my workbench top on top of the base that I'm currently attempting to joint the upper stretchers for to mount said top to the frame, and laid down two pine boards across the length of the workbench top and it seems as though it lines up just right to work as an outfeed table in a pinch. Who knows when I will actually get the time to try it out, but im atleast a step closer