Bent Wood Art and when to run

Discussion in 'Latest News' started by hobbit-hut, Mar 3, 2014.

1. hobbit-hut

hobbit-hut Don't leave home without it. Full Member Thread Starter

First name:
    lowell
    Thanks Scott, That was the first obstacle I had to tackle and was at a loss for a few hours. I knew I didn't want to make them all the same. That would be pretty boring. So I just decide to set down and look at them and after doing that for a while the idea just popped into my head.

• Like Like x 1
  2. hobbit-hut

First name:
    lowell
    Thanks Ray, They do grow on you after you have been around them for a while. I even had names for some of them. Imagine you had 11 of them hanging around your shop. Each one had to be oriented according to what the artist decided was the front and back. If the base was flipped over onto the other side it wouldn't fit. I can't tell you how much time I wasted look for the correct one to match the base. That's why I took photos of them. I could look at the photos and put the puzzle together.

3. Blueglass

Blueglass Member Full Member

First name:
    Les
    I did think it was kinda funny that someone could bend wood like that but not cut their own bases.

4. hobbit-hut

First name:
    lowell
    They didn't really have a great deal of knowledge about wood or tools other than a sander that they didn't know how to use.

Current Time: 10:08 PM