Best bandsaw for under 800-1000

Texasstate

Reaction score
First name
Justin
Looking for a new bandsaw!
What are yalls thought or opinions on a good resawing bandsaw for around or under that price ?

Thanks

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
I have the grizzly go555p, polar bear series 14" with a riser block. Works great. And I have never had a problem with it....

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
I have an older delta with the riser block, but if I could get a 18" bandsaw in my basement that would clear the beams/headroom I would upgrade.

barry richardson

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Barry
Lots of 14" bandsaws in that price range, "best" is a subjective thing, Rincon, Grizzly, and Laguna and probably others, are all bandsaws that have good feedback... best strategy is to hang out for a sale, or find a good used one on Craigslist, etc...

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
and to add- if you are searching c-list use bandsaw and band saw in 2 separate searches. You will find more. One of the above is in one and the other in the other. first is just a cool tool. second 18 Rikon is a good saw- helluva price. My advice- Do not buy a 14- get a bigger saw. Good luck.

Sprung

Amateur Sawdust Maker
Reaction score
First name
Matt
If there's room to stretch the budget just a wee bit, you could step into a Grizzly 17" saw - the one Mike just linked to. Or a Rikon 14".

But, honestly, I'd be on my way to Austin to check out that Rikon 18" in the link Mike posted above. $500 is an awesome deal if it's in decent shape. Rikon is also supposed to be very good to work with should you need to order parts.

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
a doledene- Yikes look at all the handles and buttons and it looks like hydraulics in the door. I need one- Don't tell Kathie I said that- she would shoot me or worse....

00E0E_cblfAYSktOS_1200x900.jpg

Sprung

Amateur Sawdust Maker
Reaction score
First name
Matt
a doledene- Yikes look at all the handles and buttons and it looks like hydraulics in the door. I need one- Don't tell Kathie I said that- she would shoot me or worse....

View attachment 139229

Mike, that one has been for sale for a while - Tony sent me a link to it some time ago. I venture to guess that it might still be around whenever you get to making your Texas trip. Just need to take a bigger trailer with you. I mean, it's hard to pass up that much saw for so little money. And we all know you've got a giant shop space where you could easily find room for it. :sofa:

Texasstate

Reaction score
First name
Justin
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The 18in rikon is gone I just called the guy.
Too good to be true

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Mike, that one has been for sale for a while - Tony sent me a link to it some time ago. I venture to guess that it might still be around whenever you get to making your Texas trip. Just need to take a bigger trailer with you. I mean, it's hard to pass up that much saw for so little money. And we all know you've got a giant shop space where you could easily find room for it. :sofa:

Part of me says yes but I like running saws- I do not want to work on them- and I got a feelin- it needs work.

Woodworking Vet

Reaction score
First name
Damon
I had a Rikon 10-324 and it worked good, great resaw capacity. But last summer I had an opportunity to upgrade to a Rikon 10-326 and I really really like it. A bit more hp than the 324 and it shows. I haven't been able to bog this motor down and I've done some resawing up to the maximum capacity. Dust collection is good, the quick change (tool-less) guides are really nice. Makes changing a blade and setting guides fast, under two minutes a lot of times, closer to three minutes most times. If my saw was stolen today I wouldn't hesitate to buy another. It doesn't have a foot brake like @Mike1950 's Laguna, and that is a nice saw too.

rocky1

Creator of Shavings and Sawdust!
Reaction score
First name
Rocky
I have the grizzly go555p, polar bear series 14" with a riser block. Works great. And I have never had a problem with it....

Me too, except I haven't put the riser in mine. If you can catch it on sale, the sale price will typically cover cost of shipping.

The Grizz comes with a pretty decent fence too, was a big selling point on my end.

Last edited: