Big A__ Charcuterie Board

Wildthings

ASTROS 2019 WORLD CHAMPION VIDEO PLAYERS
Reaction score
First name
Barry
I mean Big Ole Charcuterie Board. My DIL requested one of these and I obliged her. The live edge walnut was from Larry of @FranklinWorkshops . If I remember correctly the board's about 35" long, 1.25" thick and 16' wide. Finished with mineral and beeswax combo. She was tickled pink with it. I made her promise to get some nice photos of it when she loads it up.

Oh and the bluebonnet/wild flower bloom is spectacular this year

20190406_120643.jpg
20190406_120732.jpg

20190406_130750_edited.jpeg

20190407_174329_edited.jpeg

Last edited:

Nature Man

Reaction score
First name
Chuck
Beautiful HUGE cutting board! Ever so nice! Gorgeous Blue Bonnets -- particularly like the last pic! Chuck

ThomasT

Reaction score
First name
Thomas
I mean Big Ole Charcuterie Board. My DIL requested one of these and I obliged her. The live edge walnut was from Larry of @FranklinWorkshops . If I remember correctly the board's about 35" long, 1.25" thick and 16' wide. Finished with mineral and beeswax combo. She was tickled pink with it. I made her promise to get some nice photos of it when she loads it up.

Oh and the bluebonnet/wild flower bloom is spectacular this year

View attachment 164206
View attachment 164207

View attachment 164209

View attachment 164210

Hello Barry,

WOW on both. Beautiful board and the Bluebonnets are magnificent.

Have a great day,
ThomasT

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
I was wondering if you were ever going to post this, great job Barry, awesome pics!

whitewaterjay

Reaction score
First name
Jason
Great looking board, and I love the handle on it. Those flowers are spectacular! I'd be taking pictures of all the coffee tables and dining room tables I have ready for sale in front of those, what a spectacular natural background!

Wildthings

Reaction score
First name
Barry
Well she finally loaded it up for my granddaughter's 21st birthday. She delivered it to our B&B in Fredericksburg where my gd and a couple of her girlfriends were spending the night on us!

Looks like they were already chowing down off it!

1610170812916.png

trc65

Reaction score
First name
Tim
Not supposed to post this kind of thing this late at night, now I got to go find a snack!

Great looking board, and a nice spread, glad to see it being used!

Mike Hill

The Bard of Barbecue
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Well she finally loaded it up for my granddaughter's 21st birthday. She delivered it to our B&B in Fredericksburg where my gd and a couple of her girlfriends were spending the night on us!

Looks like they were already chowing down off it!

View attachment 199652
Wait!!! Not so fast - B&B in Fredericksburg? Used to frequent the area quite a bit. Maybe already mentioned that - but gray hair is getting in the way of memory! Picked many a peach between there and Stonewall. And of course had to do what Waylon told me to do - Go To Lukenbach! Spent more time in Bandera though - where my grandmom's family settled way back in the early days. By any chance did you know Charles Beckendorf - he was an artist in Fredericksburg before Fredericksburg was cool!

Last edited:

Wildthings

Reaction score
First name
Barry
Wait!!! Not so fast - B&B in Fredericksburg? Used to frequent the area quite a bit. Maybe already mentioned that - but gray hair is getting in the way of memory! Picked many a peach between there and Stonewall. And of course had to do what Waylon told me to do - Go To Lukenbach! Spent more time in Bandera though - where my grandmom's family settled way back in the early days. By any chance did you know Charles Beckendorf - he was an artist in Fredericksburg before Fredericksburg was cool!
@Mike Hill Aha so you did noticed that!! Check it out -

Backstreet Bungalow It stays pretty well booked. Right now it's out of service until I get a new spa cover in place (geesh what a fiasco)

No I don't know Mr. Beckendorf but do know of him

All that area is cool country that we love