• A New Photo Gallery Has Been Added!!! Please share pictures of your finished projects in the New Photo Gallery for everyone to enjoy browsing. The New Photo Gallery is for FINISHED PROJECTS ONLY!! The New Photo Gallery section was created to give people a place to view photos without having to read through all the threads. Enjoy everyone and please contribute!

Big Game ...............

Karl_TN

Reaction score
First name
Karl
Animals c/w tracks applied on Curly Maple blanks for the PSI 30 Cal Bolt Action pen kit. Includes
11 Whitetail bucks, 2 Bull Elk, 1 Bull Moose and 1 Bighorn Ram.
Les

View attachment 216030
How much would it cost to make pen blanks like these if I provided the tiger curl maple wood? I’ve got plenty of wood, but not enough experience with making & applying decals as nice looking as these. Your got this down to an art.

rdabpenman

Rifle Cartridge Pens
Reaction score
First name
Les
How much would it cost to make pen blanks like these if I provided the tiger curl maple wood? I’ve got plenty of wood, but not enough experience with making & applying decals as nice looking as these. Your got this down to an art.
Hi Karl.
If you supplied the wood and I cut, drilled, supplied the bras Bolt Action tubes, anchored tubes, turned, applied the decals and finished would work out to $14.00 CAD each plus shipping.
How many were you looking at?
I live in Alberta, Canada.

Les

Karl_TN

Reaction score
First name
Karl
Hi Karl.
If you supplied the wood and I cut, drilled, supplied the bras Bolt Action tubes, anchored tubes, turned, applied the decals and finished would work out to $14.00 CAD each plus shipping.
How many were you looking at?
I live in Alberta, Canada.

Les
I’m thinking about giving a few pens to some hunter friends that give me a lot of venison each year. Your price for all the work involved, but I‘m now thinking the pens would be more special if I turned them myself. Any chance you might want to trade some decals for some curly wood instead?

Here’s some curly silver maple wood that I was thinking about cutting up for my pen blanks. I could send some of it your way if you open to a trade. Although, you’re in Canada so you may have all the curly maple that you need.
5ED27770-3238-495A-A08D-F9A2812BED3D.jpeg

Last edited: