This table will reside ( hopefully for a very long time) in the Stammtisch room of a new German restaurant in town. I was originally commissioned to build a simple distressed farmhouse table out of 2x material. That is until I found the deal of a lifetime on some beautiful locally grown and milled black walnut. I started by flattening a book matched pair of slabs. This was the first time I have used a router sled, and I learned more than care to remember. Many mistakes and nearly a half inch more than necessary, time consuming routing later, I decided it was good enough. I played hell getting an acceptable joinable two surfaces for glue up. Paitience, a few drinks and many choice words later it all came together. I could not get the lighting right for the phone camera, and the surface is not as splotchy as it appears. I was not going for a complete flat/smooth surface. I used a wire wheel to create “worm holes “ in the surface. And I think the owners believe that’s what they are. Overall, I put nearly 100 hours of routing and hand planing and another few hours with a helper to complete final assembly. It’s not the finest table in the land, but it is the finest I have ever made. I am very pleased with the way it turned out. Most importantly, the buyer is pleased as well. I finished and delivered the table on the restaurants opening night with a line steadily forming as I scrambled to piece this beast together. The table measures 8’4” with a varying depth average of 30” and a height of 30”. All walnut used in the table started out as 8/4. I hope you never make a deadline as close as I made this one. That was scary!