Blackwood like this

rob3232

Reaction score
First name
Rob
I have some Koa thins that might work for you? Pretty much drops with curl, and spalted sapwood. Thickness varies. I can cut these to fill a SFRB. (Actually an envelope)

I will include some other contrasting pieces.

Price will be $22 shipped if you would like?

9D89BA15-C250-4CBE-B8BF-F727F95DB299.jpeg

3C4393D0-1422-4958-A454-896FDF5862AC.jpeg

I thought I had the pictures figured out??

ZenArtist

Reaction score
First name
James
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have some Koa thins that might work for you? Pretty much drops with curl, and spalted sapwood. Thickness varies. I can cut these to fill a SFRB. (Actually an envelope)

I will include some other contrasting pieces.

Price will be $22 shipped if you would like?

View attachment 197851

View attachment 197852

I thought I had the pictures figured out??
Yes these are nice! If you do cut them please don't cut them any smaller than 2" wide, thank you

rob3232

Reaction score
First name
Rob
Hardly any of them are 2” wide right now. I thought you worked with smaller stuff. Sorry !

ZenArtist

Reaction score
First name
James
Hardly any of them are 2” wide right now. I thought you worked with smaller stuff. Sorry !
I guess I meant 2" long, but would be "wide" on my necklaces. Basically I can use anything 2" wide (horizontal) x 1" tall (vertical) x 1" deep

Last edited:

Byron Barker

Reaction score
First name
Byron
Not the same stuff, but I've got a bunch of little cut offs from spalted woods from here in Taiwan that would be great for your projects. I was actually saving it all for my wife who sometimes makes earrings and the such, but hasn't in some time. Wood would be great, especially if you can stabilise. If you want, I can put a little box of stuff together for you.

ZenArtist

Reaction score
First name
James
Not the same stuff, but I've got a bunch of little cut offs from spalted woods from here in Taiwan that would be great for your projects. I was actually saving it all for my wife who sometimes makes earrings and the such, but hasn't in some time. Wood would be great, especially if you can stabilise. If you want, I can put a little box of stuff together for you.
That would be fantastic!

Byron Barker

Reaction score
First name
Byron
That would be fantastic!
Can you stabilise? I'm heading over to my shop later. I'll take some pics of stuff and make a little box for you. Maybe just 10-15$ for the box plus shipping. I'm in Taiwan, but a small box is probably just 10-15$ to ship.

ZenArtist

Reaction score
First name
James
I can let it set in my shop or outside of the shop in the Sun for a year. Stabilised?

Byron Barker

Reaction score
First name
Byron
I can let it set in my shop or outside of the shop in the Sun for a year. Stabilised?
Spalted woods in particular need stabilising as shown above. The spalting looks beautiful, but it is a kind of rot taking place from bacteria in the wood, so the wood is significantly softer (most of the time!) in wood with spalting. The African Blackwood is so hard, it obviously never need it unless you want to cast it in resin. If you are making jewellery, buying a little vacuum chamber and resins is a good idea. The vacuum removes all the air, so there are no bubbles in the resin when you cast it.

Byron Barker

Reaction score
First name
Byron
Here is a box. Left to right, top to bottom: figured lychee, Sakura, spalted Long'an, padauk, spalted pistachio (whole right side), pheasant wood (rest of left side). I think 15$ plus shipping is fair for what you'd be getting. Lots of lovely jewelry in there!

1_DSC_1274.jpg

1_DSC_1275.jpg

1_DSC_1276.jpg

1_DSC_1277.jpg

Last edited:

ZenArtist

Reaction score
First name
James