Blue Wing Teal

Ray D

Reaction score
First name
Ray
Very nice Barry. Your bird? Did you get out for the early teal season? I remember your posts of late season diver hunting but I haven’t seen any waterfowl hunting photos in a while.

DLJeffs

Reaction score
First name
Doug
Beautiful mount! It's easy to take common birds for granted until you look closely. I love to take photos with a telephoto lens and then zoom in close to see the colors and iridescence in the feathers, etc. The pine siskins and dark-eyed juncos are very common, drab looking birds but when you zoom in their true colors show.

dark eyed junco eating seeds from potted plant outside shot2.jpg

pine siskin2 2019.jpg

Last edited:

Wildthings

ASTROS '23 ALCS CHAMPIONS runnerup
Reaction score
First name
Barry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Very nice Barry. Your bird? Did you get out for the early teal season? I remember your posts of late season diver hunting but I haven’t seen any waterfowl hunting photos in a while.
This is a client's bird from late last season. I did not get out for teal this year.

Beautiful mount! It's easy to take common birds for granted until you look closely. I love to take photos with a telephoto lens and then zoom in close to see the colors and iridescence in the feathers, etc. The pine siskins and dark-eyed juncos are very common, drab looking birds but when you zoom in their true colors show.

View attachment 194469

View attachment 194470
They are even more spectacular when you have them in hand. God's work is amazing! @DLJeffs BTW Doug, your photos are off the charts

Last edited:

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Nice!
Should be called blues got green wing....

Last edited:

Eric Rorabaugh

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Eric
Nope. Got home yesterday evening, carried stuff in and relaxed. Tried to catch up on sleep but NOPE. I'll get to it later. Hope the hurricane didn't hit you and everybody in her path is okay.