Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Matt
Please use this thread to post any bugs you find with the new board, and I'll try and address them as soon as possible 👍

***I EDITED THIS TO REFLECT THE DISCUSSION. i'LL MAKE A NEW BUG TOPIC***
ripjack13

Please use this thread to post any bugs you find with the new board, and I'll try and address them as soon as possible 👍
Bugs, only, please.
If you have other comments about something you notice or don't see with the new forum look, please post it in the following topic.
Board Looks Upgrade discussion Thread

This topic is just for the bugs you may have encountered here since the forum upgrade. Please give as much detail as you can to help Matt with the bug.

Thank you.
ripjack13

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom Smart

Reaction score
First name
Tom
Matt, using Safari my initial login failed because of “too many redirects”. I refreshed the screen and it worked OK.

Thanks for doing this, by the way.

MattW

Server Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Matt
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
There may be previously cached data on your browser, so an initial issue "may" occur. There are no redirects actually in place on the forum, other than the standard redirect to HTTPS and removing WWW.

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Please use this thread to post any bugs you find with the new board, and Matt will try and address them as soon as possible 👍
Bugs, only, please.
If you have other comments about something you notice or don't see with the new forum look, please post it in the following topic.
Board Looks Upgrade discussion Thread

This topic is just for the bugs you may have encountered here since the forum upgrade. Please give as much detail as you can to help Matt with the bug.

Thank you.

@MattW

Last edited:

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Matt, I couldn't use emojis in a Conversation, the box with them is grey and won't open them. Is it supposed to be this way?

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
I'm still having issues trying to type on threads. I can type to words, have to wait for them a few seconds to show up, and then they are all just one word and sometimes jumbled. Anyone else having this problem or is it just me and my phone? Didnt have this problem before. It's very slow typing one letter and waiting for it to show before typing another.

Last edited:

MattW

Server Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Matt
I'm still having issues trying to type on threads. I can type to words, have to wait for them a few seconds to show up, and then they are all just one word and sometimes jumbled. Anyone else having this problem or is it just me and my phone? Didnt have this problem before. It's very slow typing one letter and waiting for it to show before typing another.
How old is your phone exactly, what browser are you using, and are you using a 3rd party keyboard, or the one provided by the phone? There isn't really going to be much that can be done either way, as the editor provided is the standard one provided by the software, and is used by literally millions of people all over the world. XenForo powers almost 50% of most forums on the web

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
It's a couple years old, samsung S7, I think the browser is chrome? Using the keyboard that came with the phone not a third party.

Wildthings

ASTROS 2019 WORLD CHAMPION VIDEO PLAYERS
Reaction score
First name
Barry
@woodtickgreg Greg when's the last time you have turned your phone completely off.. try that

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
It's a couple years old, samsung S7, I think the browser is chrome? Using the keyboard that came with the phone not a third party.
You may need to update your aps. Also, clear out ap pages you may open. More open aps slow down your phone....
Like this....
Capture+_2020-06-22-21-29-28.png

MattW

Server Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Matt
I’m using chrome on the S10, and there are no issues using the editor with the keyboard.

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
I dont know why but it seems to be improving and speeding up as I'm typing post.:cool:

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
I'm bCk to havi g problems with lag ti.e typing messages.
See what I mean. Sometimes it's worse than others. I cant figure out what's wrong, setting on my phone? Dunno, does it on my tablet too.

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
This is interesting. I myself am having no problems typing away.
Greg, can you record what happening with another phone and send it to me?

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
You may need to have "the Betty" help you out with that one...