Book Matched Scales

wood128

Reaction score
First name
Joe
Here are 5 sets of book matched figured wood /burl that are very dry but not stabilized. Shipping is $8 USA.
#1. Camphor Burl 2 1/2 X 5 1/2 X 5/8 " thick ..............................................$12
#2. Red Resin Burl 2 3/4 " X 6 x 3/8 " thick....................................................$14..............................................SOLD
#3 Walnut Crotch 2 3/4 " x 6 x 3/8 " thick......................................................$8...............................................SOLD
#4. Walnut Crotch 2 3/4 X 5 1/2 x 3/8 " thick................................................$10..........................................SOLD
#5 Indian Rosewood 4 x 8 x 3 /4 " thick .........................................................$30.......The light radial lines on the wood are small burls . BEAUTIFUL ROSEWOOD !!!!!!!!..........................................................................................SOLD
#6. Indian Rosewood 4 x8 x 3/4 " thick...........................................................$30...............................................SOLD
#7. Indian Rosewood 4 x 8 x 3/4 " thick..........................................................$30..............................................SOLD
Measurements are for each piece

I Have more Walnut Crotch Scales and Indian Rosewood book matched cookies !!!
P4240001.JPG

P4240002.JPG

P4240003.JPG P5050002.JPG P5050001.JPG

Last edited:

phinds

Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Paul
When you say "Indian rosewood", do you mean East Indian rosewood or sissoo ? Where was this harvested, do you know? If you did it there in Florida, it's probably sissoo.

wood128

Reaction score
First name
Joe
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
When you say "Indian rosewood", do you mean East Indian rosewood or sissoo ? Where was this harvested, do you know? If you did it there in Florida, it's probably sissoo.
Yes, it is Indian Rosewood harvested here in Florida from branches trimmed from a local tree .

Last edited:

wood128

Reaction score
First name
Joe
I'm a sucker - ok. Do you have anymore rosewood with the burl markings?
Yes Mike. I just cut two more sets with the burl radial figure., from the same log. I will take pictures this evening and list them here for you. One set looks like a face !!! Unusual looking Indian rosewood ........have not seen that before on this wood. I have a few more logs , so will peel off the bark and look for the small burls.

wood128

Reaction score
First name
Joe
I just added # 6 and # 7 book matched pieces of Indian Rosewood for you Mike . See the face in # 6 ?????