Box Elder?

gman2431

Reaction score
First name
cody
@Armaros check out my box elder page and you'll see a ton of stuff from Kevin, most significantly a platter made from what is possibly the best piece of box elder ever. Kevin gave me the wood free. I sold the platter for $200 and Kevin still wouldn't take a dime for the wood.
http://www.hobbithouseinc.com/personal/woodpics/box elder.htm
I miss buying/trading for his wood... I have lots of his stuff still that I'm just not ready to work with. It's really that heavily figured, every time I look at it I don't think its the right project.

Armaros

Reaction score
First name
Emmett
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
No worries at all. I'm in school right now for my doctoral degree :) Woodworking is a good hobby to keep one occupied and learning throughout. I cut the FBE down today, so I'll cut it into logs over the next few days, and if I see anything good PM you photos. I can cube it, make it into bowl blanks, etc. Just know that this is semi-wet wood, I'll dry it as best I can, but I don't have a great kiln right now. I would recommend borrowing a friends' or finding someone that does pottery and the bowl blank pieces should come out fine.

Best of luck in the college process! COVID is a stressful time, but know you'll end up where you need to be, and anywhere you go you will find people that are like-minded.
Thank you! And good luck on the doctoral. I’ve heard that process ain’t easy. And I’m planning on doing some resin boards so just some planks if you can. And good to know on the kiln.

Armaros

Reaction score
First name
Emmett
Why. HE can't use it any more and the woodworking community would be very pleased to have more of that great stuff come on the market.
That’s fair. But who knows whether they spent any time there together.

phinds

Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Paul
That’s fair. But who knows whether they spent any time there together.
Well, according to Kevin it was a brutal place to get in and out of so I doubt they went there for picnics.

Armaros

Reaction score
First name
Emmett
Well, according to Kevin it was a brutal place to get in and out of so I doubt they went there for picnics.
That would do it. I haven’t read much into that thread.