boy howdy, has THIS guy got some balls

Pharmacyguy-Jim

Reaction score
First name
Jerry
I think the “first” (widely publicized) person who does something “that can’t be done” or “completely original” often gets more accolades than they are due. Especially when it comes to art.

The older I get the more things seem “evolutionary” as opposed to “revolutionary”, but maybe I’m just a jaded old fart.

Last edited:

Graybeard

Reaction score
First name
David
Agree Jim, however they do deserve credit for leading the way. Our club is named after Harry Nohr who was well ahead of his time. He used an epoxy finish that was pretty revolutionary. Now a student of his technique has improved and refined the process. http://www.davidlorybowls.com/index.html

Harry's bowls sell well at local auctions because people still remember him. Head to head David's would sell for more with the general public because his are more refined.

When you drink the water, remember who dug the well.

Pharmacyguy-Jim

Reaction score
First name
Jerry
Agree Jim, however they do deserve credit for leading the way. Our club is named after Harry Nohr who was well ahead of his time. He used an epoxy finish that was pretty revolutionary. Now a student of his technique has improved and refined the process. http://www.davidlorybowls.com/index.html

Harry's bowls sell well at local auctions because people still remember him. Head to head David's would sell for more with the general public because his are more refined.

When you drink the water, remember who dug the well.
There are always exceptions

Graybeard

Reaction score
First name
David
Today I went with a friend who showed me a cabin he built. I'm in awe at the money that family has. A 330 acre farm with three homes, golf course, barns, and a party house. Not to mention the food plots for deer and five ponds with trout, bass and bluegills. It's almost obscene. I suspect they sell to folks like this, one wife has to outdoor the other. I felt like I needed a shower after I left. The cabin was fantastic however. Like my grand dad used to say, if you can't dig it from dirt, shoot it from a tree or pull it from a creek we ain't gonna be eaten it.