Branding Iron

Wildthings

ASTROS '23 ALCS CHAMPIONS runnerup
Reaction score
First name
Barry
I think I need one. Probably electric. Anyone have any suggestions where, who, why and what. Mods move this where it should go if not here

barry richardson

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Barry
I will be following with interest. I've almost pulled the trigger a couple of times on a branding Iron, seems great for flat work, but I do that much anymore... so I'm still hand signing everything with my woodburner...

trc65

Reaction score
First name
Tim
Ive got one that i ordered from rockler or woodcraft, but that was before i got the lathe. Its too big for most turned items. I know ive seen much smaller ones that others have for turned items.

I think @TXMoon had one made for turning a little while back.

Last edited:

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Ive got one that i ordeted from rockler or woodcraft, but that was before i got the lathe. Its too big for most turned items. I know ive seen much smaller ones that others have for turned items.

The first one I had came from Rockler, I don't recommend getting one of those.

Wildthings

Reaction score
First name
Barry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ive got one that i ordered from rockler or woodcraft, but that was before i got the lathe. Its too big for most turned items. I know ive seen much smaller ones that others have for turned items.

I did a search on here and found your conversation with @TXMoon and the link he provided HERE Hoping he will follow up with a review of it

TXMoon

Reaction score
First name
Kevin
I had one made and, to make a long story short, I shelved it in lieu of one of those mini laser etchers. The laser (logo on right) cuts a cleaner, more professional looking logo. And it's easy to make different logos with the type of wood used. You can also scale your logo from 2" sq down if you need a smaller logo. 62898250599__74BFE5B5-54FE-4FD4-9FC5-99D6446E278F.jpg

Last edited:

Wildthings

Reaction score
First name
Barry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I had one made and, to make a long story short, I shelved it in lieu of one of those mini laser etchers. The laser (logo on right) cuts a cleaner, more professional looking logo. And it's easy to make different logos with the type of wood used. You can also scale your logo from 2" sq down if you need a smaller logo. View attachment 197598
Info? Link? on mini laser etcher @TXMoon

Steve in VA

Reaction score
First name
Steve
That looks extremely clean!!

Have you tried it on a variety of woods, or any other materials?

barry richardson

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Barry
Man it is amazing the technology out there now, looks like a neat and versatile solution, unfortunately, tinkering with tech gadgets make me break out in hives lol....