ENDED Branding Irons

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
So a neighbor up the road passed away and I ended up with a truck full of stuff heading for the dump. Some actually made it there and much was recycled (glass, plastic, steel, etc.). Should these be broke down and also recycled? One head has HWB and the other has HCB with a 2015 side brand. Thought I'd post them in case the initials work for somebody.

001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG

Last edited:

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Aren't the heads removable so you can order a new head?

Mike Hill

Board Whoarder
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Iff'n the B in HMB can be changed out with the H in HCB, I'll take. To make HMH - my initials - not really LMH - Little Mikey Hill

tocws2002

Reaction score
First name
-jason
I believe the one iron would actually be "HWB" (the letters are mirror images of what will be produced when branding).

Maybe "Herbert Walker Bush" :sarcastic:

-jason

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I believe the one iron would actually be "HWB" (the letters are mirror images of what will be produced when branding).

-jason
You are correct, Thank You. I corrected it in the original post. Not sure why he had two sets, thought maybe the HCB was for Hand Crafted By and then his initials. But then again, maybe the other set were for another family member. Either way, not doing any good on my desk.

Wildthings

ASTROS '23 ALCS CHAMPIONS runnerup
Reaction score
First name
Barry
I wonder if anybody would recognize that HMB stands for "His Majesty Barry"

-jason
Well then that changes everything so:

I wonder if anybody would recognize that HWB stands for "Highly Wonderful Barry"

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If no one has those initials I would take them.
Well Lou, think we waited long enough. Called the post, they quoted $9 to ship to your place. They irons kind of fit in a padded flat rate envelope cross corner to save 50 cents. Should I find some curly ash or maple and fill a bigger flat rate box? Your thoughts??

Lou Currier

Reaction score
First name
Lou
Well Lou, think we waited long enough. Called the post, they quoted $9 to ship to your place. They irons kind of fit in a padded flat rate envelope cross corner to save 50 cents. Should I find some curly ash or maple and fill a bigger flat rate box? Your thoughts??
Nah, envelope is fine for now... @Eric Rorabaugh just filled me up with wood