Dismiss Notice
Woodbarter has upgraded to HTTPS. Please see click here for all the details.

Brotherhood of the Traveling hat

Discussion in 'Kenbo's Chat Room' started by Vern Tator, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Vern Tator

Vern Tator Member Full Member Thread Starter

First name:
    Vern
    So I was getting high in Colorado last week and I took my hat along. This place really needs Woodbarter, it is about 500' above timberline. Windy and cold on a sunny day.
    [attachment=11448]

Kenbo, the tabs finally showed up. Patience is a wonderful thing, quite rare but wonderful.

DSCN0787.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kenbo

Kenbo Self proclaimed expert of nothing Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator Founding Member Full Member

First name:
    Ken
    Nice hat, nice picture and I now know what you meant when you said you "needed" to post a picture. This thread wouldn't be the same without it. I wonder if you would mind if other members posted pictures like this wearing their WB hats? Would that be a hijack of your thread or is that what you were looking for?
    I love the idea of WB members posting pictures like that. It would definitely be a great link to add to the facebook page.
    What do you think?

3. Kevin

Kevin Wood is good. Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Founding Member Full Member

First name:
    Kevin
    I think the title says it all Ken. I think he intends for as many members to post similar pics as possible. After all it would be a small brotherhood with just Vern. Next time we do any traveling anywhere I'll be sure to take a hat. I love the idea.

:yipee:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. hardtwist

hardtwist Member Full Member

First name:
    Mike
    Man, that sign brings back memories! Last time I saw it, I had an 18 wheeler with 40,000 lbs of hazardous (flammable) freight. Had to go over the top as they won't let hazardous freight in the tunnel. A memorable experience for sure 8% grades up and down and numerous tight switch backs where the back of the trailer actually hung out in space on the turns.

5. Vern Tator

Vern Tator Member Full Member Thread Starter

First name:
    Vern
    He isn't lying, That road makes a guy take notice of it. Yes, my intent was for anyone traveling or not traveling to post pictures of places they have worn their hats. I hope our sisters will pardon the phrase "brotherhood" I'm not sure what the politically correct term would be. When I lived at the bottom of the pass on the west side 4 or 5 semis went of the road every winter. They conscripted us to help clear a path down the road. We ended up with giant cashes of bird seed or lettuce. When they dumped a beer truck they didn't want any help. Go figure!!!

6. Kenbo

Kenbo Self proclaimed expert of nothing Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator Founding Member Full Member

First name:
    Ken
    Well, Mrs Kenbo and I left the kids at home this weekend and took a weekend trip 2 1/2 hours east to Picton, Ontario. While there, we decided to visit a place called bird house city. Quite an interesting display of different styles of bird houses. We took in some fall activities, including picking up some pumpkins and getting some fresh picked apples for some of Mrs Kenbo's awesom home made apple pies. It was a much needed weekend away for the both of us. I brough my WB hat to carry on this thread idea. I think it's a great one. Jump in here guys. Let's see your WB pride and where the hats are travelling to.
    [attachment=12100]

[attachment=12101]

IMG_2811.jpg

IMG_2835.jpg

7. Kevin

Kevin Wood is good. Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Founding Member Full Member

First name:
    Kevin
    Fantastic Ken! Thanks for bumping this thread. I think the thread idea and title alone warrants us taking our missus' on trips (don't forget your hats). But just a heads up, next time let Mrs. Kenbo sport the hat. You're a handsome chap but she is a lot more fun to look at, and while I say that with the utmost respect, facts are facts.

:yipee:

8. UpNorthWoods

UpNorthWoods Member Full Member

First name:
    Erik
    Over at a friends house for supper...

[attachment=12146]

Me and my boy

(Sorry if the pic size is off, sent from my phone)

image-485952511.jpg

9. Mike1950

Mike1950 Founding Member Founding Member Full Member

First name:
    Mike
    Cute boy and proud!!! father. :yipee::yipee::yipee::yipee:

10. Kevin

First name:
    Kevin
    [attachment=12148]

:lolol:

WB hat Baby.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. UpNorthWoods

UpNorthWoods Member Full Member

First name:
    Erik
    Haha that's great!

12. Mike1950

First name:
    Mike
    She did not travel very far but she has the hat.

[attachment=15312]

DSC_0045ss.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  13. woodtickgreg

woodtickgreg scroll, flat, spin Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator Founding Member Full Member

First name:
    Greg
    Cool thread, don't know how I missed this one? I wear mine everywhere I go, wear it at both jobs, to the doctor, to the therapist, to woodcraft, it's my favorite hat! :biggrin: But I never have a camera with me, it stays at home, and no I don't have a smart phone either. :sarcastic:

14. Mike1950

First name:
    Mike
    Sorry Greg- you never wear the hat- it does not exist- you have no hat-WHY??? Where are the pictures!!!!!!!! :rotflmao3::rotflmao3::rotflmao3::rotflmao3::rotflmao3::rotflmao3::rotflmao3::rotflmao3::rotflmao3:

15. woodtickgreg

woodtickgreg scroll, flat, spin Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator Founding Member Full Member

First name:
    Greg
    I've tried taking pics, but every time the camera focuses on my face it breaks. :sarcastic:

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Kevin

First name:
    Kevin
    Well it isn't a wood barter hat and I am not traveling, it's just a shameless plug for member Ripjack13's hats. He's a mod at mossberg owners forum and if you want one PM him maybe they have enough to sell to non members? The hats were made by our own Dane Fuller.

Cool hat too. I wore it to the movies the other night and some guy behind me in the concession line asked me what MOVON AABE meant. He couldn't pronounce it so he just asked "What's that on the back of your cap mean?" I turned and said "Are you familiar with the 'Come and Take It' flag and the incident at Gonzales when we were a republic?" He paused briefly and said "The cannon the Mexicans wanted?" Evidently he had Texas History in 8th grade like most of my generation. I said "Yes, it means the same thing except in Greek." He said "Cool." :biggrin:

[attachment=15740]

[attachment=15741]

I didn't go into Leonidas and Xerxes and Thermopylae - this guy was missing teeth. :sarcastic:

MOVO AABE.jpg

MOVO AABE2.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Way Cool Way Cool x 1
  17. Dane Fuller

Dane Fuller Member Full Member

First name:
    Dane
    Wow! Just think, most of these hats were done while I was still pretty much one handed.....LOL Thanks for the business, folks! I truly enjoyed working with each of you. Sorry I fell behind on the shipping. I had a pretty rough Summer & Fall. I feel like I let Kevin & WB down.

18. Mike1950

First name:
    Mike

19. Kevin

First name:
    Kevin
    :noway:

No way man. Stop it with that silliness! :naughty:

20. BassBlaster

BassBlaster Member Full Member

First name:
    Dennis
    No let down here. I love my WB hat. I dunno what shipping issue you speak of but mine was shipped promptly after paying.

I'm hard on hats and they get to looking rough pretty quick so I dont wear my WB hat as much as I would like cause I dont wanna mess it up. I guess I should wear it out more and represent. I could always order another when this ones goes bad!!

Oh, the Mossberg hat looks sweet!! I'm a Remington guy myself but I like the hat!!

Current Time: 4:59 PM