Brotherhood of the Traveling hat

Vern Tator

Reaction score
First name
Vern
So I was getting high in Colorado last week and I took my hat along. This place really needs Woodbarter, it is about 500' above timberline. Windy and cold on a sunny day.
[attachment=11448]

Kenbo, the tabs finally showed up. Patience is a wonderful thing, quite rare but wonderful.

DSCN0787.JPG

Kenbo

Self proclaimed expert of nothing
Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Ken
Nice hat, nice picture and I now know what you meant when you said you "needed" to post a picture. This thread wouldn't be the same without it. I wonder if you would mind if other members posted pictures like this wearing their WB hats? Would that be a hijack of your thread or is that what you were looking for?
I love the idea of WB members posting pictures like that. It would definitely be a great link to add to the facebook page.
What do you think?

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
I think the title says it all Ken. I think he intends for as many members to post similar pics as possible. After all it would be a small brotherhood with just Vern. Next time we do any traveling anywhere I'll be sure to take a hat. I love the idea.

:yipee:

hardtwist

Reaction score
First name
Mike
Vern Tator said:
So I was getting high in Colorado last week and I took my hat along. This place really needs Woodbarter, it is about 500' above timberline. Windy and cold on a sunny day.

Kenbo, the tabs finally showed up. Patience is a wonderful thing, quite rare but wonderful.

Man, that sign brings back memories! Last time I saw it, I had an 18 wheeler with 40,000 lbs of hazardous (flammable) freight. Had to go over the top as they won't let hazardous freight in the tunnel. A memorable experience for sure 8% grades up and down and numerous tight switch backs where the back of the trailer actually hung out in space on the turns.

Vern Tator

Reaction score
First name
Vern
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He isn't lying, That road makes a guy take notice of it. Yes, my intent was for anyone traveling or not traveling to post pictures of places they have worn their hats. I hope our sisters will pardon the phrase "brotherhood" I'm not sure what the politically correct term would be. When I lived at the bottom of the pass on the west side 4 or 5 semis went of the road every winter. They conscripted us to help clear a path down the road. We ended up with giant cashes of bird seed or lettuce. When they dumped a beer truck they didn't want any help. Go figure!!!

Kenbo

Self proclaimed expert of nothing
Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Ken
Well, Mrs Kenbo and I left the kids at home this weekend and took a weekend trip 2 1/2 hours east to Picton, Ontario. While there, we decided to visit a place called bird house city. Quite an interesting display of different styles of bird houses. We took in some fall activities, including picking up some pumpkins and getting some fresh picked apples for some of Mrs Kenbo's awesom home made apple pies. It was a much needed weekend away for the both of us. I brough my WB hat to carry on this thread idea. I think it's a great one. Jump in here guys. Let's see your WB pride and where the hats are travelling to.
[attachment=12100]

[attachment=12101]

IMG_2811.jpg

IMG_2835.jpg

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Kenbo said:
Well, Mrs Kenbo and I left the kids at home this weekend and took a weekend trip 2 1/2 hours east to Picton, Ontario. While there, we decided to visit a place called bird house city. Quite an interesting display of different styles of bird houses. We took in some fall activities, including picking up some pumpkins and getting some fresh picked apples for some of Mrs Kenbo's awesom home made apple pies. It was a much needed weekend away for the both of us. I brough my WB hat to carry on this thread idea. I think it's a great one. Jump in here guys. Let's see your WB pride and where the hats are travelling to.

Fantastic Ken! Thanks for bumping this thread. I think the thread idea and title alone warrants us taking our missus' on trips (don't forget your hats). But just a heads up, next time let Mrs. Kenbo sport the hat. You're a handsome chap but she is a lot more fun to look at, and while I say that with the utmost respect, facts are facts.

:yipee:

UpNorthWoods

Reaction score
First name
Erik
Over at a friends house for supper...

[attachment=12146]

Me and my boy

(Sorry if the pic size is off, sent from my phone)

image-485952511.jpg

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Cool thread, don't know how I missed this one? I wear mine everywhere I go, wear it at both jobs, to the doctor, to the therapist, to woodcraft, it's my favorite hat! :biggrin: But I never have a camera with me, it stays at home, and no I don't have a smart phone either. :sarcastic:

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
woodtickgreg said:
Cool thread, don't know how I missed this one? I wear mine everywhere I go, wear it at both jobs, to the doctor, to the therapist, to woodcraft, it's my favorite hat! :biggrin: But I never have a camera with me, it stays at home, and no I don't have a smart phone either. :sarcastic:

Sorry Greg- you never wear the hat- it does not exist- you have no hat-WHY??? Where are the pictures!!!!!!!! :rotflmao3::rotflmao3::rotflmao3::rotflmao3::rotflmao3::rotflmao3::rotflmao3::rotflmao3::rotflmao3:

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Mike1950 said:
woodtickgreg said:

Sorry Greg- you never wear the hat- it does not exist- you have no hat-WHY??? Where are the pictures!!!!!!!! :rotflmao3::rotflmao3::rotflmao3::rotflmao3::rotflmao3::rotflmao3::rotflmao3::rotflmao3::rotflmao3:
I've tried taking pics, but every time the camera focuses on my face it breaks. :sarcastic:

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Well it isn't a wood barter hat and I am not traveling, it's just a shameless plug for member Ripjack13's hats. He's a mod at mossberg owners forum and if you want one PM him maybe they have enough to sell to non members? The hats were made by our own Dane Fuller.

Cool hat too. I wore it to the movies the other night and some guy behind me in the concession line asked me what MOVON AABE meant. He couldn't pronounce it so he just asked "What's that on the back of your cap mean?" I turned and said "Are you familiar with the 'Come and Take It' flag and the incident at Gonzales when we were a republic?" He paused briefly and said "The cannon the Mexicans wanted?" Evidently he had Texas History in 8th grade like most of my generation. I said "Yes, it means the same thing except in Greek." He said "Cool." :biggrin:

[attachment=15740]

[attachment=15741]

I didn't go into Leonidas and Xerxes and Thermopylae - this guy was missing teeth. :sarcastic:

MOVO AABE.jpg

MOVO AABE2.jpg

Dane Fuller

Reaction score
First name
Dane
Wow! Just think, most of these hats were done while I was still pretty much one handed.....LOL Thanks for the business, folks! I truly enjoyed working with each of you. Sorry I fell behind on the shipping. I had a pretty rough Summer & Fall. I feel like I let Kevin & WB down.

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Dane Fuller said:
Wow! Just think, most of these hats were done while I was still pretty much one handed.....LOL Thanks for the business, folks! I truly enjoyed working with each of you. Sorry I fell behind on the shipping. I had a pretty rough Summer & Fall. I feel like I let Kevin & WB down.
[/quote
No you did not- stuff happens and look at how nice that hat looks on my granddaughter. Now the Mossberg hat is great but I am questioning your choice of models............... :rotflmao3::rotflmao3::rotflmao3::rotflmao3::rotflmao3:

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Dane Fuller said:
I feel like I let Kevin & WB down.

:noway:

No way man. Stop it with that silliness! :naughty:

BassBlaster

Reaction score
First name
Dennis
No let down here. I love my WB hat. I dunno what shipping issue you speak of but mine was shipped promptly after paying.

I'm hard on hats and they get to looking rough pretty quick so I dont wear my WB hat as much as I would like cause I dont wanna mess it up. I guess I should wear it out more and represent. I could always order another when this ones goes bad!!

Oh, the Mossberg hat looks sweet!! I'm a Remington guy myself but I like the hat!!